Almond Flour Bread

DXZT1975
on 10/12/21 4:39 am
RNY on 07/09/21

Has anyone made homemade bread from almond flour? If so, how did it turn out?

I am 3 months out of surgery and I am really craving some homemade bread but obviously it must be low carb.

TIA for any response. ?

ladygodiva1228
on 10/12/21 5:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I would be really careful about eating any type of break so soon. It could easily "clog" up your pouch and you will be heaving over the toilet.

The only type of bread I've made is cloud bread. It is made with eggs and cream cheese. No flour of any sorts.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 10/12/21 7:19 am - Warren, OH

I did not eat bread until I had been below my goal weight for about a year. I bought Ezekiel Bread Sprouted Whole Grain Bread and kept it in the freezer. I would have an occasional slice. During the weight losing phase, I did not eat any potatoes, bread, cereal, rice. Nothing with wheat flour or sugar. Read the history of the Pima Native Americans. They were a strong, lean, healthy people until the white people fed them white flour and sugar. Then they became obese and diabetic.

Almond flour does not raise, does not use yeast and does not taste like any homemade bread that would want to eat. Concentrate on protein, lean vegetables, plenty of water and plenty of exercise. The first two years after surgery is the time to learn the new habits that will help when surgery no longer does.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/12/21 8:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I make an almond flour Irish soda break and it's delish. If your program allows it, Google keto Irish soda bread, it was the one with Currants in it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

hollykim
on 10/12/21 2:07 pm, edited 10/13/21 5:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 12, 2021 at 11:39 AM Pacific Time, DXZT1975 wrote:

Has anyone made homemade bread from almond flour? If so, how did it turn out?

I am 3 months out of surgery and I am really craving some homemade bread but obviously it must be low carb.

TIA for any response. ?

craving something doesn?t meAn we have to eat it. Ride it out and the craving will go away. Don?t sabotage yourself at only 3 months out.

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/21 4:58 am, edited 10/13/21 6:59 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I?d eat anything lower calorie.... like half a normal toasted English muffin with jam or a piece of pizza .

to me ... ? modifiying ? recipes .... like making crackers out of cheese ( which is half butterfat ) is silly and ridiculous. Eat a salad for Gods sakes .

Eat a normal meal when you?re hungry! You get to eat three times a day ... plus snacks if your body can handle it and you?re exercising.

Nuts in any form are extremely fattening which is why your body that?s finally losing weight is craving them .

Never forget that ninety percent of WLS recipients gain everything back ( in the first few years ) .( eating that ? low carb? diet whi*****ludes fatty cheeses , nuts in various forms, gross fatty meats and eventually fast food and then ice cream .

What you agreed to ... no fast food - no fried foods, no ice cream , no slider foods ( which should include cheese and mayonnaise and ? regular ? ( ie extremely high calorie and fatty ) salad dressings as well as any nut ( chestnuts are the ok largely fat free exception)

Eating normally... exercising daily but gently will actually help you .

We?ve been bombarded our whole lives with idiots opionions who are NOT us with various versions of how we should starve ourselves.

I say NO ! No no no ... like the Amy Winehouse song ... NO No no ... I won?t go go go :)

I actually DO eat but it?s pretty much always the fat free version of everything from American cheese to cottage and cream cheese ... and I have to work very hard to find this stuff in like a dozen stores . But it?s worth it .

And choosing to eat this way ... lowfat but healthily... has kept the weight off effortlessly and kept me healthy for almost a decade post RNY . I lost and kept off about 80 lbs . . I?m 5?9 and 135 good looking lbs now ...

Something's going on with me now but its probably just Covid caused depression related and I?m very sensitive.

I?ve also got two tiny girlz ( both under a year ) and two demanding spoiled Fancy Feast kitties and a cute boyfriend exhausting me ) Maybe I?m just not used to the daily and constant burden .

ladygodiva1228
on 10/14/21 7:00 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 13, 2021 at 11:58 AM Pacific Time, Veggiewoman wrote:

I?d eat anything lower calorie.... like half a normal toasted English muffin with jam or a piece of pizza .

to me ... ? modifiying ? recipes .... like making crackers out of cheese ( which is half butterfat ) is silly and ridiculous. Eat a salad for Gods sakes .

Eat a normal meal when you?re hungry! You get to eat three times a day ... plus snacks if your body can handle it and you?re exercising.

Nuts in any form are extremely fattening which is why your body that?s finally losing weight is craving them .

Never forget that ninety percent of WLS recipients gain everything back ( in the first few years ) .( eating that ? low carb? diet whi*****ludes fatty cheeses , nuts in various forms, gross fatty meats and eventually fast food and then ice cream .

What you agreed to ... no fast food - no fried foods, no ice cream , no slider foods ( which should include cheese and mayonnaise and ? regular ? ( ie extremely high calorie and fatty ) salad dressings as well as any nut ( chestnuts are the ok largely fat free exception)

Eating normally... exercising daily but gently will actually help you .

We?ve been bombarded our whole lives with idiots opionions who are NOT us with various versions of how we should starve ourselves.

I say NO ! No no no ... like the Amy Winehouse song ... NO No no ... I won?t go go go :)

I actually DO eat but it?s pretty much always the fat free version of everything from American cheese to cottage and cream cheese ... and I have to work very hard to find this stuff in like a dozen stores . But it?s worth it .

And choosing to eat this way ... lowfat but healthily... has kept the weight off effortlessly and kept me healthy for almost a decade post RNY . I lost and kept off about 80 lbs . . I?m 5?9 and 135 good looking lbs now ...

Something's going on with me now but its probably just Covid caused depression related and I?m very sensitive.

I?ve also got two tiny girlz ( both under a year ) and two demanding spoiled Fancy Feast kitties and a cute boyfriend exhausting me ) Maybe I?m just not used to the daily and constant burden .

Ava you should really STOP drinking. Now your imaginary children are both under a year now? I thought one was just over a year? I have never seen such a narcissistic person post on here as you. You really should get help.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/21 1:09 pm, edited 10/15/21 6:10 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Ay jaj jaj jaj jai!

The happy news is I found out what?s wrong with me ... and it?s believe it or not it?s easily curable with simple antibiotics.

Apparently I touched the kids bottoms a little too frequently and failed to wash my hands thoroughly. It?s called bacterial dysentery.

it was a serious epidemic in Japan about twenty years ago . So hopefully I?ll start eating soon and without the resulting and recurring diarrhea a few hours later .

managed to get down some green curry sauce and Thom Ka Gai ( coconut chicken) soup and a red wine spritzer with lemon.... which in this case I think is actually helping my health.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/21 1:52 pm, edited 10/26/21 6:54 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I?m still feeling back- and forth with my health. It?s not easy with babies!

But when you have three little peanuts falling out to Fantasia hugging each other .. they?re adorable.

got the fecal culture test kit ... so I gotta stick something up my butt .... yikes ! .

I actually don't know the ages of my grrlz .

Some people say Katy the bigger one is three ... she's just small because she wasn't properly fed . I think she's the same age the doctor says ( no teeth yet for instance) about a year . She definitely toilet trained herself... without accidents and now wears underwear not diapers . And she's learning to walk. the littlest one ... well totally cute diaper filler and formula drinker .. maybe five months now . Crawling ...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views