Whats on your Thursday Menu?

ecm1109
on 10/14/21 6:16 am

I have never had a serious problem with acid reflux, but have been waking up so so ravenously hungry lately and this morning wondered if it could be reflux...I think i too will try some omeprazole.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/14/21 6:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, that is a good catch! Good luck getting it under control and banishing the hunger beast

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 10/14/21 6:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I just can't get off the Omeprazole routine or my life sucks. I know exactly what you mean hunger vs reflux. But then I get the middle of the night "heart attack" over and over and that's when my brain says ohhhhhh, time to double up on the daily meds. Glad you figured it out relatively soon!

Queen JB
on 10/14/21 4:25 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My GERD has always been silent until I start choking on acid. I'm glad I don't get heartburn I guess but it's annoying not to get outward (enough) symptoms to treat it in a timely manner.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 10/14/21 6:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So glad you figured it out. When I get RH sometimes it takes me longer than it should to know what is going on. It makes me very mad because I let myself be more miserable than I should.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 10/14/21 7:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That does make sense! I hope the meds help.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 10/14/21 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! JB- it's awesome that things are much better for you, seems your patience and hard work we recognized.

QOTD: I eat a banana a day. I also am picky and have about 3 days with a bunch and then buy more that are still greenish.

TSS: 7 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Chicken sausage, cauliflower, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1441 Protein: 114 Carbs:132 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 10/14/21 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a couple of errands to run today and want to finish up my short list of potential places to stay in Naples so we can decide on one and book it this weekend. Then I will be DONE with all the trip planning. I also need to do some reading for my classes since I spent most of the day yesterday looking at Airbnb for apts and B&Bs. And biking - I'll do some of that as well since it's not supposed to rain today. MIL is doing better - finally. She said we don't have to come over anymore to do things for her (but of course, coming over just to visit is still fine!). YAY!! Maybe I can even talk her into going to our film discussion group tomorrow (long shot - but maybe!)

QOTD: bananas are the one food that I really liked before surgery but can't stand anymore. Way too cloying. I guess I could eat one - or half of one - if it was barely ripe - but if you wait another day, UGH!! I hate banana-flavored things even more than I hate real bananas.

B: protein pumpkin/espresso chip muffin, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: protein oatmeal topped with plain Greek yogurt and cranberry/cherry compote

AS: chickpea/miso spread on Wasa crackers

D: 1/2 a veggie burger (on 1/2 a slim bun), small sweet potato with butter and fake brown sugar

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 10/14/21 6:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

This has been a quick week. I am actually taking off this Monday coming up as well so not to loose my PTO days. Plus on Sunday I am hosting lunch for about 30 people from Church. I am doing Soup and Sliders. I am nervous because I have never had this group to my home before. I think it will go well. We are also buying a bunch of pumpkins so the kids can carve them in the back yard. I do not want them to be bored so with pumpkins only being $2.99 at ALDI I thought why not.

Today I have a 12:30 manicure. Our system is down again this morning. Sure hope they get the new one up and running soon this is getting old.

QOTD: I eat bananas in any stage of ripeness. I think it is the not willing to waste food that make me that way. If they get too dark I peel them, throw them in the freezer, and use them in baked oats or other recipes.

Accountability: I grazed dinner and it did not go well.

TSS: 3 years 10 Months 2 days: 140.8 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Fairlife Salted Caramel Protein and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L. Keto Salisbury steak and Snack Select

D: Egg quesadilla

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 10/14/21 7:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Fun day ahead. Work, taking lunch to my friend in rehab and then out to dinner and a concert. Chris Jansen. He's super fun in person (as well as on the radio). I cooked up a storm last night, and was mostly very pleased with my efforts (roasted carrot, feta, ricotta torte anyone?)

I had my annual check up with my surgeon yesterday. Protein remains a bit low, 5.8, but apparently, that's just where my body wants to hover. My vitamins D and B12 are sky high. Better high than low so we are leaving that alone. She was delighted with my current weight, even though it's officially up 4 pounds. I'd like to maintain that for my next check in in February. Dang it, I really thought I'd get released to once a year. Onwards!

QoTD: very meh to me. I have not had even a bite of a banana now in over two years. Haven't missed it.

Menu:

B: hb egg, 1/3 c cottage cheese

L: left over roasted chicken and veggies -- added some parm to change it up a bit

D: out to eat, so some app and a bite of my husband's main protein and carb

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views