What's on your Tuesday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/19/21 11:44 am

wow. That's 2 months.

Well, better now than later. Hugs.

BTW: what about the stimulator? are you keeping it in or do you think he could remove the electrodes during the same surgery?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 10/19/21 3:02 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks...so far the plan is to keep it as it would be extensive to remove it.

I do wish I didn't have to wait so long. My pain levels are just so elevated and I'm tired.

With this being just for the leg pain mainly I'll likely face another surgery next year.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/19/21 4:21 pm

Hugs. Knowing how things work, the more they cut us, the worst and longer recovery.

But, one thing at a time.

I had a lower back surgery a few years ago. A great surgeon. The MRI showed a dark area in the nerve canal that indicated herniated disk pushing on the nerves. But when she went in she found I had a bone spur inside the nerve canal. (probably due to accident I was in) .

Unfortunately they try not to mess with things like that because even if they would try to "shave it off" - "grind it off", that can created much worse problems long term.

If case the bone spur gets much bigger, the alternatives are not the best prognosis for a total recovery. I live in medium pain, probably nothing like you, but enough give me a really bad days. It is what it is.

Hugs. Hopefully he could et in, check the area for scar tissues, remove what its casing the worst pain, and assess the condition of that area for any future work he may be able to help you with.

Good luck. At least you have a plan now. One day at a time. Hugs

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 10/20/21 6:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! Sorry you're dealing with you're own issues.

I'm going to attach a photo of my MRI(on the right) in 2019 and the myelogram done a few weeks ago. It's gotten marketably worse since then. I did have a fall last year after the laminectomy so I think it must of done more damage than I had thought at the time.

I need to get my mind back into the game.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/21 9:50 am

You got messed up pretty good.
Unfortunately they didn't recommend a decompression therapy for you. That area of help for "back issues" is still not insurance approved and as far as I know only some chiropractors have the machines and ... it requires time and $$$. It is rather expensive.

I right now signed with my chiropractor for laser therapies. again, time and $$$. But I still work, and I can make more money, if that treatment helps me.
I am also really dedicated to change my diet. Turn it back to no grains, no sugars, no dairy, no x, y, z and F. The F is just because. It is easier for me to list what I can eat, than what I shouldn't. Ugh. But I gained weight and THAT in itself adds pain and pressure on my joints. The weight gain is only important to me because of the joints pain. I honestly don't care if I fit in 10 or 8's or 6's. The sizes are really crazy because I'm theoretically obese now, wearing size S-M bottom, L tops. Go figure. right? Sometimes when I go to the doc and they don't look at me and and just say, you are obese, you need to lose weight, I know I need another doctor.

you really messed your back badly. Have they check your bone density lately? maybe they should.

Melody P.
on 10/21/21 5:02 am - Amarillo, TX

I need to get a bone density check as I've never had one.

I have had two falls in the past 5 years. Once a month after my conversion to RNY...I just got up to quickly or something and passed out. Landed right on my bottom. Also I fell about 3 weeks after my first laminectomy. I've always had back issues and especially sciatica on the left leg.

I need to get my head screwed on straight. The pain med makes me feel so out of touch with myself. I need to focus on my eating and make better choices.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/21/21 8:08 am

Hugs. One day at a time.

Amy Liz
on 10/19/21 12:28 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I can't even imagine - this just sucks.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Melody P.
on 10/19/21 3:04 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks and yes it does. I'm honestly just feeling so done.

Greateight
on 10/19/21 4:16 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

After all of the buildup, DS forgot to pack his tent. It's fall break after a hard semester of Calculus III and Physics II, and my son decided that he wanted to head down towards Colorado Springs for some camping and fishing. So, last week was kind of a whirlwind (mostly for Marilyn) of finding campgrounds that were still open, navigating directions, wooly buggers, nets, sleeping bag purchases, home fry making test kitchens, and frying pan acquisitions.

Finally, first thing Saturday morning (which was like 10:30) my son packs up his car and heads out. He finds the campground, navigates the self pay envelopes, meets the ranger and gets confirmation that he has done everything correctly and can stay the night. The ranger gives him a hang tag to put on the windshield of his truck and DS heads out fly fishing. After several hours in the stream he is starving. He heads back to his campsite and makes his lunch.

Lunch was basically all of the eggs that he packed for the night, so that was the first learning. After lunch, he gets ready to set up camp. Goes to his truck, opens up the back and.... realizes that he forgot to pack the tent. So the first camping trip was more like a half trip. But at least he knows where to go and what to do. When he got home, he realized that one of his professors had given a homework assignment on Saturday morning that was due on Sunday evening of the Fall Break. That seems so wrong.

QOTD: I would say purple. But I only wear purple ties, not much else in that color. And it's probably been close to two years since I actually wore a tie.

Breakfast: Sausage

Lunch: Mahi burger

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics