Whoo-Hoo - it's (photo) Friday! What's on your plan for the day?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/22 3:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay, Friday! I'm off today and monday so a nice long weekend for me!

It's cold here this morning and getting colder; even the weather people were like "hmm, the temperature dropped 28 degrees in 15 minutes, that's fast!". I'll be gone before the snow starts so happy about that and when I come back on Monday it should be back to late May normal. Also, wow, it's late may.

QOTD - what is your ideal temperature? I like sunny and high 60s, maybe up to 73 max. I prefer sweater weather to warm weather, even though pretty much every day is sweater weather to me now!

Meals today and this Weeknd are TBD. I'm sure there will be a treat or two, plus a glass of wine or two but outside that, I am unsure.

My pictures today are a couple from last weekend's eclipse and around the grounds from my work conference.

Eclipse -- I like the second one the best, you can see a star/satelite something to the right of the moon.

a whole flock of birds of paradise!

My app says this was an asian lily

and some wet lilies

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 5/20/22 4:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin Jen, great pictures and I've enjoyed the kitten memes this week!

Yesterday did NOT go well. He says the pain pump is still his highest recommendation but he sees the point of a fusion. So he is going to send pictures to a doctor here in town to see what he'd recommend. He doesn't take Medicaid so it's just an informal thing. No doctor here will take Medicaid or even really consider doing it. He also wants a nerve conduction test done and guess what? No doctors here that does them will take Medicaid either. Soooo Lubbock for that. He once again called my back a **** fest and told me he really felt bad about it. He said I was a tough case since the herniated discs and bone spurs are growing frontwards or something. I know nothing more today than I did Wednesday...perhaps even less. He said if I do have a fusion it'd be at least 4 levels which was freaking sobering and scary as hell.

Today I'm taking Lana's advice and I'm going to call my bariatric surgeon's office and try to get in to see him. Pretty sure I have an ulcer somewhere. Yay another thing. LOL. Have to laugh or I'd bawl. Going to do a very bland diet for now.

QOTD: 60's here for me too. Low 70's are ok too...if there is a very light breeze.

B: oatmeal

L: oatmeal

D: maybe a PP shake

S: broth.

my pics are older photos but some of my favorite. Except the one of me...I had to be around 13 or 14 in that...lumberjack stylin. LOL

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/22 5:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Gorgeous pictures! I'm sorry things didn't go as well as you were expecting but it sounds like even if there is travel involved you won the battle for options other than a pain pump and I know that was important to you!

Jen

Emiepie
on 5/20/22 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pics, I am sorry you didn't get better news yesterday and hope you get feeling better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 5/20/22 8:41 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am hoping you dont have an ulcer but I think it is a good idea to be checked out. All that stress cant be good for you. I am sorry you didnt hear better news at the doc visit.

Beautiful pictures. You have quite the eye for beauty.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 5/20/22 3:19 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks everyone...it's been a day from h e double toothpicks.

our sump pump went off and the plumbers couldn't figure out why. They are not sure it's fixable. There was a death in the owners family so the journeyman plumber is out until next week. The drain technician and the owner himself couldn't figure out what the issues is. So we set up a hose on the drain pipe for the sump pump and we will have to live like this for a while.

My mom is about to have a nervous breakdown. If we have to get the plumbing redone we'll need to take out a loan. That with the car and our incomes will make this extremely tight.

my bariatric surgeon won't see me without a new referral. I think he's washed his hands of me or something. They were kind of short with me. Maybe it was just a bad day there like it was here. I feel like a failure and by definition I am...I'm not giving in or anything but if death came knocking I'd make it some tea

I am so stressed out. My stomach is burning and my throat feels like I swallowed menthol something or another. My mom being stressed out stresses me out even more since I know a lot of it is due to me.

sorry for the book. I'll "Ike.y not post for a while.

Greateight
on 5/20/22 4:27 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Please try and check in if you feel up to it.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 5/20/22 5:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

it was fun talking to my third cousin who lives in London yesterday. I decided to go to Scotland - now I have to see if DH wants to join me or not. Laurie (cousin) invited me to stay at her apt for a few days if I want to go to London after Edinburgh - so after I find out what DH wants to do (as in...go to Scotland or not), I'll make my plans, including where to go and which airports to fly in/out of (Edinburgh or London). Oddly, the cost is about the same (figured Edinburgh would be more expensive, but no..)

I have a social event tonight. Everyone's supposed to bring a dessert or an appetizer, so I made a limoncello tiramisu yesterday. I hope it's good. I ran out of the liquid that I was supposed to soak the ladyfingers in when I was a little over halfway through with them, and unfortunately, I was out of lemons - so I heated up some water, sugar, reconstituted lemon juice, and more limoncello. Hope it worked!

QOTD: 60s and 70s are my favorite, but I can tolerate anywhere from about 30 - 85 (as long as it's not humid). Not a fan of extremes on either end.

B: plain skyr with 1 T lemon curd mixed in, topped with raspberries. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: Caprese salad

AS: cottage cheese

D: will skip because of the event - and hopefully I'll be able to control myself!

I'm on a lemon kick right now (while in Italy, I even bought a little bowl for my yogurt with a lemon painted on it, as well as numbers for our house (i.e. tiles with numbers painted on them) that have a border of lemons. I attached a pic of the latter - these aren't the ones I bought (since I'm too lazy to get out of bed and go take a picture of them at the moment), but you get the idea. I bought a tile with each number, plus end pieces. They should look great! The other picture is of some lemons in Sorrento. The lemons on the Amalfi coast are HUGE - almost the size of grapefruit. In this picture, they're next to standard-sized navel oranges, for reference. So in light of my lemon kick, plus the limoncello tiramisu I made yesterday (which also has lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon curd in it), lemon pictures are very appropriate today!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/22 5:55 am, edited 5/19/22 10:55 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Lemoncello tiramisu sounds delicious

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/20/22 6:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'll report back in the morning - but I can't imagine anything other than it'll be terrific!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views