What's on your Thursday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/22 4:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Jr. Friday everyone! Can you believe it's also the end of June?

I have to go do the office for a bit today, my assistant is retiring and I want to take her a card and some flowers when she leaves her laptop. We did a big retirement lunch a few weeks ago but it would be sad for her to go in and out alone on the last day! I have book club tonight too and it just feels like a very busy day. With the drive, I will be able to catch up on some of my latest podcast episodes so that's nice.

QOTD - what's the strangest thing in your refrigerator? I keep a quartz roller in there for when I have a headache, I can run it across my forehead. Also good for puffy or tired eyes.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half x2

enchilada fillings

light and fit greek

built granola bar

not sure about anything else.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/30/22 4:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

it's supposed to be windy all day today, so I may go to a Zumba class rather than ride my bike this morning.

we're going to have to come up with another plan for the latest cat eye drug (the stem-cell-derived thing). The vet clinic has it in four syringes, but it's REALLY easy to push the plunger too hard and get multiple doses out - and at about $50 per syringe, that is a disaster. I can do it - but I'm afraid DH isn't going to be able to handle this while I'm gone. I emailed the clinic last night to see if they could put it in an eye drop bottle instead - or if not, if we could set up a bunch of appts for DH to bring the cat in and have one of the CVT's do it. Otherwise, I could have the cat sitter (who's coming every other day to do this cats subQ fluids) come twice a day, but at $20 a visit, that's going to get really expensive really quickly (she's also a CVT, so I'm sure she can handle giving him the drug). But we gotta do what we gotta do. Hopefully this will all work out..

QOTD: batteries and a couple of cat drugs (??). I can't think of anything else particularly weird in there...

B: vanilla skyr with diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberry/rhubarb compote

AS: Greek yogurt, peach

D: 1/2 a fake chicken burger on 1/2 bun, cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 6/30/22 7:55 am - Warren, OH

Seems they should be able to put it in an eye dropper bottle. Hope you get a good resolution.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/30/22 4:13 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

that's what I was thinking. I noticed on line that some of these pharmaceutical supply companies do sell sterile ones for eye meds - maybe my clinic could just overnight some (or at least deliver it by Tuesday-ish...the cat will be fine through Monday, since I can do his drops before I leave on Monday)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

supershopper
on 6/30/22 4:41 am

hi all

thanks for starting the thread

i slept last night so that is great. the dogs did wake me up 45 min early though so i started work a bit early. I'm going to try for a tempo yoga class today maybe a lunch time. I have 3 calls spaced out today so that isn't that bad.

QOTD: I would say in the old house i went through a kombucha period (though they burned my throat and I stopped drinking them) I had a huge skobie in the fridge for the starter. it ended up in the garbage at some point.

food for today:

b: coffee and coffee

egg whites/ cheese or 1/2 the egg toppings package

s:

l: probably chicken sausage

s:

d: maybe plant burger patty and some sweet potato fries in air fryer

s:

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 6/30/22 5:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning on this Friday-Eve! This week is going pretty fast but it seems I'll have to work hours this weekend.

QOTD: I can't think of anything strange, just typical stuff.

TSS: 7 years 10 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Some sort of chicken, cauliflower, fruit and dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1386 Protein: 106 Carbs:123 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 6/30/22 5:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

What even is this Amy?

Since we are going on a cruise in two weeks, I am naturally attuned to any cruise related stories in the news. There are two this week.

First, a Norwegian ship struck an iceberg in Alaska and had to return to port in Seattle. That one is a little scary since we are cruising Norwegian in Greenland. Hopefully our captain paid more attention at the ice avoidance class than did his colleague.

Second is the 60 person fight aboard a Carnival ship returning to the U.S. Apparently the fight started because certain spouses were upset that a trio of their fellow passengers had engaged in romantic interlude. Although not a relationship expert, that seems like a fairly predictable response to me, not sure if they thought the non-participating spouses would be congratulatory or what.

The news coverage did not lay out the order of battle, so I'm not sure whether 1, 2 or all 3 of these lovers were married to somebody else on the ship. But one thing that I am fairly sure of was that at least 57 of the people engaged in the fight were not married to anybody involved in this menage a trois. Yet they still, engaged in a running two hour fistfight aboard ship.

Hopefully, somebody can reassure me that Carnival is simply the Spirit Air of the sea and that this sort of thing is an isolated incident.

Open the 1992 night was fun considering that I had a conference call in the middle of it. The cork crumbled, so we had to decant, strain and re-decant. The wine was certainly drinkable, but past its prime.

I'm going into the office this morning, but not leaving until after my 8:00 call. This is my first two office week since pre-COVID. I think that its going to have to be new normal starting in August.

QOTD: From time to time we will keep paint brushes in their, mid-project, to keep them from drying out.

Breakfast: Avocado Toast

Lunch: Fish and stealth photos for Amy

Dinner: Steak Salad

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/30/22 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yeah I agree Boo to the Fairmont for those decorations. Not eye appealing at all. Also sorry for the not as good as expected wine. Is wine like pizza even bad wine is good. LOL (From experience I know this not to be true)

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 6/30/22 8:07 am - Warren, OH

Hitting an iceberg has to be extremely rare. It is like when there is a plane crash reported on the news and people become afraid to fly. Not reasoning that millions of planes fly every day with no incidents. That fight would be quite a story to tell back home.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 6/30/22 8:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Oh my... I was trying to imagine a high end buoy motif, but I think it just plunged to beachy frat house.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?