What's on your Friday and welcome to July menu?

White Dove
on 7/1/22 6:33 am - Warren, OH

I used to collect Native American objects. I have an ax made from the jaw of a bear. The bear's teeth were used for cutting. Interesting and kind of creepy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/22 6:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

that sounds very cool...and very unusual!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 7/1/22 6:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19
Mkess
on 7/1/22 6:52 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

Hope everyone has fun and stays safe this holiday weekend.

I'm looking forward to plans this weekend. I'm meeting up for lunch today with an old friend. One of my lifelong best friends is in town with his family so I'll get to see them at some point this weekend. Sunday, I'm celebrating my sister's birthday with my Mom and sister. I'll visit my Dad in rehab as well. And the whole weekend, I'll be playing that favorite Chicago game, fireworks or gun shots.

QOTD - 20 skateboard decks. I used to work for a promotion agency that specialized in sweepstakes. There were 20 Tony Hawk birdhouse decks without wheels that were incorrectly sent as prizes. The factory said to keep them as shipping them back would be more expensive than it was worth. I used to skateboard as a kid but can't imagine ever getting back on one.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Saganaki, burger, and baked potato at Tom's Steakhouse.

D: Cilantro Lime Shrimp.

S: String Cheese.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/22 7:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

They play that game here too -- but I'm convinced all the people asking "was that a gunshot" have never actually heard one (around here anyway!). I mean a few weeks ago, the pocket park wa**** by lightning and people asked if THAT was a gunshot.

Jen

Teenie
on 7/1/22 7:20 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Don't underestimate yourself. With some new Knees anything is possible.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 7/1/22 9:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

MATT!!!! My husband and son would pay dearly for those decks! Willing to sell them?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 7/1/22 6:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Jen -- I have a friend who keeps her tree up year round. Ornaments come off and get updated for the coming season/holiday. Right now I'd bet it's decorated in red white and blue. She picks up things all the times and keeps a box for each season/holiday. Takes her no time at all to change out, except for Christmas when she really has tons of stuff. Says it is her way to collect souvenirs and always have a place to put them and she enjoys the memory from each item.. So like a little boat from Nantucket or something like that.

Glorious day here yesterday. I ate too many little bites, but we had a beautiful day to be on the bay and as you'll see from my photos, the girls loved it. Today is my last day to wrangle them to camp. So after this I need to make lunches and their breakfast and roust them up. One is actually up in a Ipad coma on the couch, the other is still snoring. They had a real big day yesterday. I ran into the market yesterday to get a few fre****ems and like a dolt, I grabbed a container of toffee peanuts. Total crack. I made the friends let me leave them on the boat when I left. No way I would leave them alone here.

After I get the girls to camp, I plan on doing the same walk. 2.5 miles and the stairs 5 times. That will make 3 times this week I have exercised. Hopefully that's the start of good things and a new habit. I have to get organized to leave for my Dad's early Sunday and need to decide if I want to pack in groceries for the week or go to the crappy grocery store there. Need some inspiration in the menu department to get myself motivated.

QoTD: I don't think I do have something weird in the house. Hmmmmmmmm

Menu:

B: chicken and cottage cheese

L tbd

D: aloha flank steak and crispy rice. My first attempt at this Bobby Flay staple, so we shall see how that goes. I will only eat 1/4 cup or so of rice. And I have an avocado that is just waiting for me to blink to go past good, so that needs to be used today.

Photos for the day are from yesterday. My girls. One captaining the (totally anchored and not going anywhere) catamaran, One up for the first time on a paddle board. She did great and ended up on for like an hour paddling around the bay near us. Our view of downtown Coronado and the Hotel Del and then one of three of the girls on swan parade.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/22 7:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Fantastic photos!! I feel like I need a swan float.

That's a great idea about the different holiday decorations for the tree!

Jen

Greateight
on 7/1/22 7:07 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Tha****er looks wonderful - how warm is it this time of year?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views