What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/17/22 1:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday mornin. Hope y'all's weekend is off to a good start.

Not a lot planned for the day. I'll probably work on a bracelet as the rings to fini**** should arrive today. I want to get this thing done as it's not my favorite weave to do.

yay...Mona just threw up in two places...ewww. Poor pup, she acted like she had a hair stuck in her throat or something. Got it cleaned up.

QOTD: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

hmmm...Rocky Mountain oysters sadly. I was a gullible kid who was dared. Never again.

B: oats

L: pastrami and a slice of cheese + baked Cheetos

D: thinking shrimp or fish..leaning more towards shrimp and stir fry veggies

S: pp shake, popcorn & ???

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/17/22 4:03 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning,

Best of luck with your work, and sorry your pup is sick!

QOTD- Hákarl. While in Iceland we went to the place where they cure the sharks. I got to see the whole process and am proud of the fact that I didn't hurl. Picture below. You can't smell a picture but trust me, it's rancid. Still tried it. Wouldn't recommend other than for bragging rights.

Just got back from walking the dogs. Tons of stop and go to smell all the interesting things but we still got in at least a mile. That's enough to wipe old boy out for the day but puppy will get another walk before we go out. He's not keen on being left but he's still aggressive to other dogs and I don't want an incident.

Yesterday was the first time since surgery I've eaten out with someone who knows about it. They were trying hard to be accommodating. I told them to get what they want and I'll figure it out. They wanted to split something but everything they wanted was fried or battered. I ended up asking the nice waiter if I could just get a single bratwurst and it all worked out. I ate half and they finished it. The next day is going to be interesting.

Today my family wants to go tubing on the Chattahoochee. I should mention that it's currently a balmy 61 degrees and I don't expect it to be much warmer in three hours. My poor mom is going to freeze.

Accountability- half a bratwurst. I'm sure its fat content was not on my menu plan. I also tasted a beer. By which I mean put the foam on my tongue. I told them I'd have enough to count as our annual toast. Not willing to test the waters with alcohol at barely two months out.

Menu

Protein shake right now to kick off with vitamins and such.

Probably the Fried Cheese Cafe for breakfast since it was mentioned and is their favorite place here. I checked out the menu and they have a couple options that will work. Eggs. Go figure.

The rest is who knows. I have enough protein shakes with me that I could just drink them for food if needed...but what fun is that? More practice with menus.

Have an excellent day, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 9/17/22 7:11 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Eating out can be challenging at first but you will be an expert in no time. Look at the appetizers sometimes they have things like steak bites or wings (non-battered). Also kids menu. I like to share a meal also. Good job on food choices.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/17/22 7:44 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks! Pretty happy with my accountability even though it feels like I'm eating nothing but sausages. I tasted one other alcoholic drink. Two protein shakes today and got in all my water. Too much fat but still under 900 calories for the while day!

I did get an appetizer for lunch! A lot of kid's menus have less than desirable choices. Mac and cheese, nuggets. But I'm learning! Appreciate all of your good feedback.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 9/17/22 5:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

Well, I didn't do horribly at the party last night, but still, I was definitely over my calorie range. No food events scheduled for this week, so it should be fairly easy to get back on track - starting now.

my 87-year-old mother is being her manipulative self. She told me yesterday she needs salt (two days ago, it was a cucumber). I live 10 miles away (at least) and I had a lot I needed to do yesterday, so I wrote back and said I'd be glad to take her to the store today since we'd planned to go to some thrift store today ANYWAY (at her request) - and if she needed the salt before we could get it today, she may be able to go down to the coffee shop or the dining hall at her independent living facility and pick up one of those little packets of it (although honestly, I'd be surprised if she actually needed it before today - she's called me before having a meltdown because she's "almost out of toilet paper", when she has enough left for several days. Last week, she had four rolls left, but was still having a meltdown - I had to bring her some toilet paper THAT DAY). Anyway, this morning I wake up to a text saying "I don't need salt. And I don't need to go to the thrift store, either". I swear she acts like a freaking four-year-old sometimes. I'm getting so tired of this. My sister used to cave to this behavior ALL THE TIME (and my sister moved to Nevada several months ago), so Mom gets all huffy and mad if I don't cave to it, too. Not falling for this. I don't want to spend my life rushing over to my mother's apartment every other day because she needs one item. I'm fine carting her around once a week to wherever she needs to go - and of course to run over there if there's some urgent need, but I'm not going to be at her beck & call, running over there every other day to bring her one item. Sheesh. OK - end of rant.

QOTD: I'll try anything except for strange meats - I draw the line there - although I've tried beef tartare and escargot. I'd had a few glasses of wine before the tartare (otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it). It was OK, but I don't think I'd eat it again. I tried the escargot at a friend's urging. Honestly, it was pretty good - all you can really taste is the butter and garlic.

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: salad (power greens, seasoned tofu cubes, 1/2 diced peach, light dressing)

AS: yogurt and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: pulled pork and a small sweet potato

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 9/17/22 6:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you considered doing amazon fresh or instant cart for those occasions? There's a cost, of course, but there's also the value of your time so it might be worth it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/17/22 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yep - I've showed her how to order things online, actually - but maybe I'll need to do it for her. Which is OK - it's a lot less time-consuming to just order something for her online and have them deliver it to her apt than it is to go to the store myself and take it over there (and especially if I really don't have the time to do all that...). In fact, my sister has ordered her toilet paper and Preparation H from Nevada, when I've been too busy to do it (yep - my sister is still sometimes at her beck & call, even from Nevada. My mom is great at laying on guilt trips...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 9/17/22 6:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I found that utilizing the delivery services allowed to meet a "need" for the individual and take the guilt/emotion out of it. There are so many more options today than what was available a few years ago so that makes it easier.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/17/22 12:46 pm - Warren, OH

I use delivery a lot. Much easier and saves so much time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 9/17/22 8:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! OHMYGOODNESS it feels like fall outside this morning! It won't last but I shall revel in it until it ends. I have a no nothing day today. I am going to get Rog to help me get brown dog out of the yard and around the block once. It's is first time in 8 weeks and he'll be excited. He's pretty well trained, but he drags me on the leash sometimes and that can't happen today. So Rog will also enjoy our little tiny walk. I need to exchange the work out leggings I got yesterday for the small. The x small is just a bit short in the rise and I don't want to be yanking up my pants all the time. So I'll pop over to Macy's to do that and stretch out my legs a bit more. That's it. Big plans today.

QoTD: I am not very much a food adventurist. But I am trying to expand my horizons. This year I tried a mussel (blech) beef cheeks (yum) and several kinds of new to me fish that were all successful.

Menu:

B: 2-3 oz left over smoked pork butt with 1/4 c cottage cheese. Roger did an awesome job on this!

L: either leftover pork chop or crispy honey shrimp

D: The weather wants me to make that pot roast in the fridge I bought all the components for. If I get that thrown in the crock pot by 11, I won't have to cook another meat the whole week with those left overs and the pork shoulder left overs. Just some fresh sides. That sounds perfect to me!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?