What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/28/22 1:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Gang! It's Hump Day for you, but the start of my fake weekend! Yay! I have a big "weekend" to-do list to tackle today, that mostly includes trying to find places to put things that I haven't put away because I have no where for them to go! It's one of those things where I am going to have to empty out a million things in order to rearrange. I have a feeling things are going to look a lot worse before they get better. Ahhh!

QOTD: What cartoon world would you like to live in? I would love to be in the Peanuts Gang! No parents, lots of fun and friends! I'd also like to hang at the Krusty Krab with SpongeBob. It's a happy place :)

Accountability: I was at Target yesterday and grabbed a frozen Mexican thing. The nutritional stats were pretty good, except that I blew through the serving size and ate the entire thing! Ahhh, I miss the days when I could get full from 6 bites of yogurt... :/

B: 2 egg whites

L: Pineapple, turkey kielbasa and riced cauliflower

D: Veggie burger with cheese

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/28/22 2:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB, thanks for getting us started!

I got into the pain management clinic's doctor this morning at 9...hopefully we'll get the pain pump process started. When I got out of bed this morning around 2 something I almost fell. There was so much pain on the left side of my back that it was just almost to much to process. Thankful for the walker I have in there just for this purpose. I think I'm going to have to start using a cane sometimes. I also have PT today.

I'm pretty sure I've got a slight sinus issue or ear infections. Been having dizzy spells and a sore throat off and on. It's annoying! Can just one thing not be messed up on me? lol

My weight hasn't been improving. It's not worse but it's at a stand still. I'm going to write a letter to my surgeons NP and see if I can increase the Ozempic to .5 and see if that'll get things going more. My BS's have improved a great deal with fasting ones around 104. After the pat few days, of which my eating was poor quality, it's amazing my weight wasn't up. I'm going to start making more sounds and stews with lots of veggies. Today we're making a hamburger stew and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm a soup fan to begin with.

QOTD: hmmm...the most comical would be dragon ball z but I'm no expert on cartoons.

B: oatmeal and coffee w/pumpkin spiced whipped cream

L: not sure on this. Maybe an open face sandwich on gf bread

D: hamburger stew with a lot of veggies(93% lean meat) and cheese

S: pistachios, pp shake and ???

I also need to make some muffins today for my mom. I enjoy baking so I'm actually looking forward to it. I need to make a cat head cake Friday for my nephews b-day party this weekend...should be interesting!

Melody P.
on 9/28/22 2:19 am - Amarillo, TX

I love auto correct...soups not sounds.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/28/22 3:33 am
WLS on 07/15/22

The bane of mobile devices!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 9/28/22 4:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm glad that they were able to get you in today. I know you weren't thrilled at the idea earlier this year but if it will help and you've looked at so many other options. Hoping that plus your PT help get things to a better spot for you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/28/22 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

I think what got me questioning it was that I was getting conflicting info from different doctors. One said pain pump the other said I likely needed a fusion and that the pain pump would only mask it. The first doctor also said I would likely need a fusion too. So it's just confusing. This NP was the first time anyone mentioned that I had "self fused" and even he mentioned micro movements. He was very dismissive and told my my "I've seen worse" more than once. Like I'm sure he had but it's still the worst for me to live with.

I wish I could get into the top doctor here for a second opinion. Dallas has a procedure that kills the nerves in your back that I wish I could get done but alas Medicaid wouldn't pay for it and Dallas would be a hard ride.

ugh...sorry for the book response, thanks for the well wishes!

Teenie
on 9/28/22 12:51 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

THAT NERVE KILLING PROCEDURE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR EVERYONE. IF IT IS 3 & 4 OR BELOW THEY WILL NOT DO IT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WALK. WE LOOKED INTO IT ALREADY. Opps not yelling have to keep caps on for new system. LOL imagine that.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 9/28/22 1:55 pm - Amarillo, TX

I researched it and yup...you're spot on. People think since it worked for them it must work for everyone. Some mean well but some just think they know everything about everyone.

Its lookin like a pain pump...a trial in most likely October and if it works implant in December. More waiting and more pain in the mean time.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/28/22 3:32 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Good luck with your weekend tasks!

I've been struggling to get up in the mornings lately. Exercise is happening, just not in the early AM. So...that will be after the office day today.

My nutritionist called back yesterday and basically told me to wait for my next blood tests in a couple weeks. I think they're sick of me calling...but that's what they're there for. :) This is still all new to me.

QOTD - Not very up on cartoons. Maybe one of the worlds from Miyazaki's movies.

Accountability- Nothing to report.

Menu

Repeat of yesterday's, literally

Protein/fiber/collagen

Kale and turkey slice

Stew

Yogurt and seaweed

I've been using the 75ish minute drive each way on work days to get in a liter of water. Best use of the time I can think of! Hope you all have a great day. And finish all your packing. :)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Greateight
on 9/28/22 5:57 am
RNY on 08/29/18

75 minute drive plus a liter of water would equal a potty stop for me.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
Queen JB · 30 replies · 152 views
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics