What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/29/22 3:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Is this meme the truest statement ever or what? I have the added benefit of having no work or school for a few weeks, so the difference between a Wednesday and Saturday are completely nil right now. The only reason I have a clue is because I write the day on this thread every morning! God, I wish calories didn't count this week, too. I have been doing wayyy to much grazing. I've been pretty good about avoiding the cookies and other very bad things, but I am just eating too much, and too often.

I am finally feeling much better! We cleaned out the filters on the air purifiers yesterday and I think that was a big part of the problem. I am really very allergic to everything in the air now (inside and out) and it's scary how bad it's gotten.

I am going into Boston today to see a friend for lunch. Other than that, I need to get back into the cookie-life and start making some new things. I have really been slacking since about a week before Christmas!

QOTD: What's your favorite specialty store? I have a favorite cheese shop (the one that used to host the cheese parade) that I love! I also love a bakery supply store in NH and I think I might take a trip up there tomorrow :)

B: egg bites

L: tbd - not sure which restaurant we're going to!

D: veggie burger

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/22 3:22 am, edited 12/28/22 7:22 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! Glad you are feeling better, allergies do suck.

Yesterday was my busiest work day of the week; it will taper off throughout the day today and then be slower tomorrow. Should be able to get a lot done and some organization for January too!

We have about 8 inches of snow this morning and there's probably ice underneath, it rained for a while before the snow started so I will be doing some shoveling this morning; also have a rowing session to do so will be well sorted for exercise today. I woke up about 230 and just got up and read for an hour or so and finished a fun mystery set in Alaska, so I'm already feeling accomplished, lol.

Other than work and working out, should be a low key day, nothing else planned.

QOTD - Tattered Cover Bookstore or the local spice shop are fun. I don't love to shop though so favorite is a strong word.

Menu today is

coffee plus half and half X2

morning round with PB

ham and cheese slices

TBD on dinner

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/29/22 4:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Boy yesterday was stressful! The kids were off the hook crazy and the wind here was insane. The highest gust was something like 68mph with sustained around 50mph. Lots of semis got blown over yesterday. Thankfully no bad damage at our house. The old brick cook pit that is in the backyard had its clay smoke stack knocked off. It's not useable so no big deal. The wind makes us uneasy.

I'm feeling a lot better. Only an ear and the cough is nagging me.

We have a lot to do today. I need to get a hair cut so so badly but I may skip it before surgery. I'd wear a mask and all during. We'll see I guess. I don't have a regular hair stylist. The only one I liked the job she did said some really stupid stuff about Covid so I won't go back. I know the cut I want... I'll probably do it today or Saturday.

QOTD: all of my favorite specialty stores are online. The Ring Lord, metaldesignz, West Coast Chainmail and various other chainmail shops. Living where I live there isn't much I like in way of specialty shops that I would go to.

Food really needs to improve. Ugh.

Emiepie
on 12/29/22 5:40 am, edited 12/28/22 9:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- yay for feeling better. Friday-Eve is here and I'm hoping to get tons done today in training the new person. She's really catching on fast and seems to fit well in the team. We are still waiting to get Em's visit scheduled with the cardiologist, he is reviewing her discharge paperwork and since she seems to be doing okay I'm trying to be patient. Speaking of patience, I have my follow up tomorrow and I'm not exactly what I would like to hear. I mean, I know what I'd "like", but I want to be realistic. If I could ditch the scooter (meaning I can put weight on it) and be able to drive that would good and the cherry on top would be if I was able to downsize the boot size to the smaller one.

QOTD: The college has a store on campus that they sell items they grow/produce.

Menu

TSS: 8 years 3 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: upper arm with weights

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/22 12:17 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Fingers crossed!!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/29/22 5:46 am, edited 12/28/22 9:51 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Allergies suck - glad you were able to figure out your symptoms and are feeling better. Enjoy your lunch! I am feeling better each day about my new job. It's challenging and interesting. I have great ideas, but I'm waiting until I'm fully flowing to throw those out there. Lots of changes need to happen. Today I have 3 evals on my agenda as priority. Otherwise, all the things but no major projects or reports - yay! I have a chiro appt after work - I'm all jacked up and need to get back in there for a head to toe work but especially for my 'good' hip. It's pretty bad and I'm walking funny now.

QOTD - no, I have no hobbies! BUT, if I did it would be this store and I'd be BROKE - I'm so obsessed with this car and their FB page!

Yesterday:

b - coffee, egg w/cheese

l - thai larb

d - french fries + wine

s- tomatoes

Today:

b- coffee, L&F yogurt

l - TBD

d- leftover fajitas in a bowl

s-tomatoes

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/22 12:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I love it when you get the chance to make changes with your fresh eyes and thoughts! It's hard but invigorating. Change management is so much harder than the actual ideas, lol

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/29/22 12:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Me too! I love this stuff and when I know it will make everything better for everyone, it's on.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

catwoman7
on 12/29/22 6:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well MFP has already deducted 138 calories from their recommended daily goal for me, so I'd better plan to exercise again! UGH. Yesterday I spent an hour on this thing I call a "seated elliptical" - there's one brand of it called a NuStep, but our gym has a different brand, so I guess technically it's not correct to refer to theirs as a "NuStep". I watched two videos on my phone while doing it - one a tour of Edinburgh and the other of some town in Wales. The time flew by, so I may do that again. I'm meeting a friend for coffee at 9:30 and I have a massage scheduled for 2:00, so I'll probably do the gym thing in between (I like to just relax the rest of the day after a massage). I also need to continue struggling with this project I'm doing for one of my social organizations - finishing up the Web page for our upcoming event (well, this really isn't a struggle as much as it is time-consuming), and trying to deal with this new email system that our hosting site moved us over to. It doesn't appear to do some of the things that the old one did, such as automatically forward emails addressed to the organization to some of us on the board. I can manually get into the email program and forward them to a group I've set up, but I don't want to have to get into the damn email program every day or every couple of days to see if there are any messages in there and forward them on. UGH. The old program just did this automatically. I'll call them today to see if this new thing does that and if so, how to set it up, but if it doesn't, I'll need to come up with a plan B.

QOTD: I guess the only specialty store I go to regularly (and this is maybe once every couple of months) is a very comprehensive Asian grocery store. They carry a lot of Middle Eastern items in addition to the usual Asian fare. This place almost always has what I'm looking for.

B: Ratio coconut yogurt with raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: I'll be at the coffee place. Not sure if I'll have coffee again, or an iced latte (made with 2% milk and SF syrup). May do the latter because of the protein.

L: lemon-flavored yogurt pie (it has blackberries baked into it)

AS: protein muffin

D: I have the ingredients left over from the salad I made for Christmas dinner, so I'll make that so they don't rot. I'll go easy on the cheese, cashews, and dried cranberries with this one! And probably a lean protein or a Greek yogurt with that, since I won't be eating enough cheese and cashews to make my daily goal.

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 12/29/22 6:27 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Up early and waiting the arrival of the girls for my last MP duty this week. I'm ready for some me time. We took the girls to the Holiday parade yesterday. Trolleyed down and found a great spot. Lasted almost two hours. But probably their favorite thing was the blow up Koala running in the pre-parade five k. Was actually a bit hysterical. They had a good time and we took them out to lunch. Hodad's. A San Diego classic. You may seen it on Diners, drive in's, and dives at some point. Huge burgers. And dang they've gotten expensive.

I am mad at myself because of the scale. I ate too many things with carbs, but very small quantities of anything I ate yesterday. I am not liking where the scale is hovering. Today I have to do the stairs, take the girls to gymnastics, do a return/exchange and hit up the library. Never made it there yesterday because the parade took up almost the whole day by the time we got home.

QoTD: I have a cheese store I love, Venissimo's, a butcher I really like, and TJ's for food stuff. If I need clothes, I end up at Macy's or White House Black Market.

Menu today looks sort of like:

B: leftover stuffed pepper filling. The end of it.

L: turkey meat and a bite of stuffing and roasted onions

D: making the guys Quattro Formaggi individual pizzas. I think I'll have a turkey and spinach salad with a little fun Formaggi on it.

Peace Everybody

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?