Panniculectomy

Nancy Geoghegan
on 1/11/23 1:28 pm - Lincoln University, PA
RNY on 01/23/18

Hello. I had a gastric bypass 5 years ago. I have excess skin and some fat hanging down from my abdomen. I have a sore that I am treating now in the fold.

Im thinking of having a panniculectomy. Have any of you had this procedure? If so was it an extremely painful recovery? How long is the recovery time? What did you need to do for insurance to cover it?

I have heard that a tummy tuck - not the same as a panniculectomy - has a very painful recovery. Just wondering about pain level too.

Thanks!

Nancy Geoghegan

White Dove
on 1/11/23 8:00 pm - Warren, OH

I had a tummy tuck in 2008 and the pain was awful for about a week. But I love the results. They tighten up the muscles sort of like putting laces in a shoe. I still have a tight flat tummy 15 years later.

Best place to research is the realself site:

Panni

Tummytuck

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 1/13/23 1:11 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had a 9-inch hernia fixed in 2019 and they removed all my extra skin. It was painful for about a week. I used the meds as directed and it helped. I would take that pain any day over the extra skin. I have been known to sport a high waisted 2-piece bathing suit in my back yard. It is life changing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

cheapskate
on 1/13/23 3:28 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Inhad a panni. They removed about 7 pounds of skin. I went to lunch and got a pedicure the next day. Did a 5k the next weekend.....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics