What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/19/23 2:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone. Happy Lil Friday! Nothing exciting happening with me--papers, papers, papers. I also need to do some baking which I haven't had time for at all in 2 days. But I think I will do it first this morning before the day gets away from me.

QOTD: Tell us about your vitamins. What brands do you like? I recently switched my multi to Thorne and I like it. I also admit to being bad about taking iron for while there, but I am back to taking a store brand huge pill every morning. It's definitely wreaking havoc on my tummy, but I know I can't use that as an excuse. My Ferritin numbers are always junk, so I need to prioritize.

B: egg bites

S: almonds & babybel

L: Fage 2% peach yogurt

D: turkey meatballs

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/19/23 2:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Thursday!

qotd - proferrin rom for iron, centrum silver multi vitamin and celebrate b12 and calcium. I like them fine. My iron and ferritin have been low for decades but definitely everything else has improved with my post WLS-regimen.

Menu coffee plus half and half x2, sausage and eggs, tbd on lunch, bunless burger at dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/19/23 3:35 am
WLS on 07/15/22
On January 19, 2023 at 10:08 AM Pacific Time, Queen JB wrote:

Morning everyone. Happy Lil Friday! Nothing exciting happening with me--papers, papers, papers. I also need to do some baking which I haven't had time for at all in 2 days. But I think I will do it first this morning before the day gets away from me.

QOTD: Tell us about your vitamins. What brands do you like? I recently switched my multi to Thorne and I like it. I also admit to being bad about taking iron for while there, but I am back to taking a store brand huge pill every morning. It's definitely wreaking havoc on my tummy, but I know I can't use that as an excuse. My Ferritin numbers are always junk, so I need to prioritize.

B: egg bites

S: almonds & babybel

L: Fage 2% peach yogurt

D: turkey meatballs

Good morning QJB and menuers,

It feels good to be done with appointments for the week! Yesterday I learned that there are cameras that can take 6,000 images per second. That's that the orthodontist uses to map your teeth these days. Kind of nea****ching it form on screen over time. It was also fun that the tech was asking me questions while I had a giant camera wand in my mouth. Like I could answer her. Ha.

Today is work from home, and I'm happy for that. I did put in another block of time last night to catch up on proposals and conferences, mostly, so that feels like a win and one less stressor for the day!

QOTD- So far, my supplements are still Celebrate for the multi +ADEK, pre/pro biotic, Iron, calcium, and extra vitamin a. Just purchased some Walmart calcium since I'm on 8 pills a day and burn through it. I'm also on Pure Encapsulations vitamin K and Biotin. Just got in a batch of some other brands I don't remember for K to round everything out. Also drinking one great value brand electrolyte drink per day. Whew! I think that's it.

Accountability- Ate too much yesterday, or maybe just too often. The emotional eating kicks in from stress, so I sat and evaluated my choices. Everything I ate was appropriate but it does feel like if I manage 1,200 calories in a day right now, that might be high. Adding the carbs is going to make it necessary to eat more frequently due to the limited capacity, no matter what the dietician prefers. I still have to split meals to hit my protein goals.

Exercise - Recumbent bike, plus I had the hikes back and forth to my car. Yesterday was a six minute walk to my desk the first time. Bonus steps!

Menu

Going for just a high protein day. Tea x2, turkey breast with carrots and onions x2, ratio yogurt, tuna infusions cracked black pepper.

Have a great day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 1/19/23 4:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I often work in the off hour to get to relieve job stress. It's totally worth it to me!

Your ortho story cracked me up - I remember that process well!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/19/23 7:17 am, edited 1/18/23 11:17 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It really is a good mental health support sometimes!

And nice! I was told the super camera has replaced the old method of chomping slime for three minutes to get a bite impression. Camera much preferred.

A piece of our conversation went like this:

Her - "So how are you feeling about the procedures? "

Me, camera in mouth- "argh hughuh"

Her- " OH, the camera is picking up other things now. You say you hate it? Why?

Me - sigh

:) What I really said was, "I'm nervous" because extractions are coming. After that, I just answered with sign language, which just confused her. At least that put us in the same boat!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

FindingCharlie
on 1/19/23 3:46 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good Morning Everyone,

QOTD: I have always take Bariatric Fusion all in one tablets, 2 tabs twice a day. I do have to take extra Vitamin D every day too, simply because of the area I live. The lack of sunlight/sunshine in the winter months.

Menu:

Breakfast: 4 Nutracelle mini egg muffins and black coffee

Lunch: Turkey Breast with a little light mayo on a lite Italian FlatOut wrap.

Dinner: TBD but we have Chinese food so I will have to limit what I actually consume of that.

Snack: Protein Smoothie

Exercise: AeroPilates Reformer cardio

Have a great and healthy Thursday everyone!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/19/23 10:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy to see a fellow Pilates fan here. It's one of my favorites!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

FindingCharlie
on 1/19/23 11:10 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

I love my Aeropilates machine!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Melody P.
on 1/19/23 3:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

not to much on the docket today. My mom is wanting to get a few groceries either today or tomorrow. They are saying we might get a bit of snow this weekend and she wants to make sure we have soup fixings. I may stay home if she goes today. We'll see.

I'm not feeling great. Last night I had an ol' fashioned breakdown accompanied by a huge panic/anxiety attack. The pain in my back and legs were just way to much so I took a pain pill last night. That made me feel bad as I had said I wouldn't take anymore. My mom pushed me to do it because I actually should have used a cane to walk a bit after getting up. She was almost in tears so I agreed I needed to take it. I'm sure it's the weather fronts we're dealing with. The augmentin is starting to mess with my stomach more...even with taking the probiotic. I also almost threw up when the horse pill got caught in my throat. Yuck.

I'm trying to stay positive about as much a possible.

QOTD: I take a centrum multivitamin and a great value calcium citrate with vitamin D. I try to remember to take my iron supplement but honestly I rarely do. As of late I need to really work on the iron as it shows I have slight anemia. I have an appointment Monday with my bariatric surgeon and I need to talk to them about what or which iron supplement would be best for me.

B: sausage and pancake on a stick...great I know....coffee x 2

L: ????

D: pork shoulder sandwich most likely

S: smoked Gouda and ????

Emiepie
on 1/19/23 5:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You're almost there, hang in there!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views