What's on your Thursday Menu?

Emiepie
on 1/19/23 5:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! My PT eval went okay, they don't want me even walking for exercise just yet but hopefully after a few weeks the ligaments and tendons will loosen up a little and I'll be able to add it back. For now just the home exercises they assigned and of course my on-site appts. I have an appt tomorrow morning and one Monday so I'm on my way!

QOTD: I take store brands on the multi and calcium and Spring Valley for my b12.

Menu

TSS: 8 years 4 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken, steamed broccoli with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: PT exercises

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1414 Protein:108 Carbs:130 Fat:59

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/19/23 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hang in there Kel. Let the healing process work for you. You'll be back at it soon enough.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/19/23 6:16 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

momyshaver
on 1/19/23 5:50 am, edited 1/18/23 9:51 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD - My multivitamin, calcium citrate w/ D and iron are all with Bariatric Advantage. I am more consistent with my multivitamins, (1 dose is SIX CAPSULES!!!) than my iron or calcium; however, I was able to bring my labs up over the course of a pregnancy despite being in a state of malnutrition prior to the pregnancy with iron and calcium, (protein too, but that isn't in a pill of course). I track my labs pretty closely so I can see what is actually making a difference. I hope my iron stays up because the infusions are rough with my veins collapsing.

Meals... Well, the consistent is the soy milk and coffee in the morning and if I feel stuck, I drink more soy milk and water, (since I am breastfeeding and I know how important hydration is on top of my chronic tendency to be dehydrated I am really trying to focus on this). I am trying to really pay attention to first hydration, then protein, etc. and have a huge headache this morning. My fitbit didn't even give me a sleep score today. I am trying to make good choices. The scale is dropping but I am pretty sure that was water weight due to putting a hard stop to the slider foods that I allowed myself so freely during the pregnancy. (That might explain some of the headache and grumpiness today too). I joined WW to instill some structure and try to make sure I wa****ting a basic benchmark (blue bot goals!) during lactation but without the sliders it is frustrating. I am not really hungry in the mornings until early afternoons and by that time my blood sugar symptoms are wonky. After being told to not listen to my cues or my body I am trying to listen more to my body to get a pulse. Keeping a close eye on how that goes. My body doesn't always respond the best to actual food, but I am trying to at least make dinner actual food like meat and vegetables. I am wondering if I need to temporarily splice in a quality protein drink.

Teenie
on 1/19/23 7:33 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry you are struggling with nutrition, but it sounds your determined to work it out. For the water, Girl, you know you got to do it. It is so important. I manage water by not allowing myself food and coffee unless I have my water. I make myself drink 20oz of water before my first coffee. After I have my first meal, I do not allow myself to eat again until I have 25 oz of water. Same with after lunch. At that point I am 70 oz in and anything else I drink is just icing on the cake. I find scheduling my water helps. I just thought I would share since you are having a hard time with it. Best of luck!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/19/23 9:28 am
WLS on 07/15/22

You've shared this before and it's still an aspiration of mine!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

momyshaver
on 1/20/23 4:25 am
VSG on 06/28/17

You speak the truth. Side note on hydration, I was listening to a podcast the other day and the host was talking about imaging that showed how hydrated people had an increase in a type of bodily function where fluid came and washed over the brain during sleep. I thought that was something to think about. (of course, I know a lot of the other stuff that happens to your body when you are dehydrated and hopefully, I will avoid that. Full stop.) Thank you for the encouragement. I have worked in water bottle goals in my daily routine and so if I stick to the routine it computes. All of it, (the hydration, vitamins, etc.). I just have to stay on the narrow path. It works for me like nothing else and too many people are counting on me to show up for myself to let it go. It doesn't matter that I am not thirsty, or it doesn't come naturally or any other excuse. (Do it.)

Teenie
on 1/20/23 5:30 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck!

Greateight
on 1/19/23 6:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I have noticed that discussions about being in the office 2-3 times a week seem to be morphing into being in the office 3-4 times a week. So far there has been no official announcement about that, so I am going to keep going with my Tuesday/Thursday schedule. The 2023/2024 school year will be our last with two kids in college at the same time and my youngest's school is also less expensive, so i am incentivized to keep working for another year and a half.

Which is to say that if there is a come into the office 4X edict, I would probably live with it for a bit but really don't want to. I like my schedule the way it is.

We have a holiday party on Saturday night. We had an office wide party at the Museum of Science and Industry a couple of weeks ago, but this is just our department. Turnout doesn't seem that great. Personally, I am not a fan of the mid-January holiday party idea, but I am publicly supportive.

QOTD: I take Celebrate chewable calcium and multivitamins. I take store brand Iron, B12 and D. In generally vitamin levels tend to run high, so they are backing things down. I used to take calciums three times a day then i went to two times a day. B12 went from once a day to once every other day to once a week. I also take black cherry extract because I have had a history with gout.

Breakfast: Fritatta

Lunch: Steak

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 1/19/23 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

One year at my old workplace we did an "After Year End" party in March. I liked it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics