What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/21/23 1:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope your weekend is off to a good start.

Before I went to bed last night something in my upper back or very low neck went wrong. Now it hurts to lift my arms all the way or even half way and it's just very uncomfortable. It's times like this I wish I could take ibuprofen. Sleep was so bad and I also have an upset stomach from the augmentin. Fun fun lol. Hoping the new pain doesn't last long.

No big plans for the day. Tomorrow is our grocery shopping day so I'm hoping to stay home today.

QOTD: someone asked me what my favorite trait about myself is. I've struggled with finding one thing I love. Don't get me wrong...I don't think I am a piece of crap person but I tend to focus on what I should improve rather than what I like about myself. What's your favorite trait about yourself?

If I had to pick one I'd say my ability to be empathetic. I'm an open ear to most anyone who needs it.

Food is unplanned for the day. Breakfast will probably be a breakfast taco(hence the meme). Lunch may be a soup...if that's the case it'll be dinner too.

White Dove
on 1/21/23 3:26 am - Warren, OH

I believe that we were put on earth to help make life better for others. I am a kind and generous person. I will do more than I need to for others and sometimes pay more than my fair share. I smile, encourage, compliment people and thank people who help me. I give large tips, let strangers cut ahead of me in the grocery store or in traffic, give expensive presents when I can afford to.

There are people who are concerned with getting everything they can for themselves and mistake my kindness for weakness or stupidity. They are very surprised when they attempt to take advantage of me and see how quickly I write them out of my life and my thoughts.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/23 4:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Saturday everyone! Mel, I hope you get to stay home and relax like you want.

QOTD - I work at being optimistic and positive and doing/being better; I am good at making sure that the people I love know it and I'm am absolutely hysterical, lol.

On the flight home yesterday, I watched Everything, Everywhere, All At Once -- it was very good. I am going to have to watch it again not on my cell phone.

Today is working out, shoveling snow, a quick grocery store run and not sure what else.

The grocery store run will impact my meal plan but I am thinking coffee and half and half; maybe yogurt; ever roast chicken and I'm going to make a crustless pizza for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/21/23 4:22 am, edited 1/20/23 8:44 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

That doesn't sound like an addition you need. Hope it resolves fast!

QOTD - Probably curiosity. It's what drives me to travel and enjoy what I can in life.

This is the last weekend before the trip with my friend. I'll find a way to put the cabinet together even if it means taking pieces across the house one at a time. I want to have the box out of here for trash day. This morning I'll go into town for the dogs and groceries. Hoping to wash and vacuum the car again sometime this week and do some detail cleaning.

I'll also be making an egg white fritatta with tomatoes, spinach, peppers and onions. I have a box of liquid egg whites I got to experiment with making low carb dough that needs to be used. Maybe a small batch of chicken soup. Going to work through as many odds and ends as I can.

Accountability - I stopped wanting to eat around 1pm. Did well on water, though.

Exercise - Weights again, house cleaning, elliptical in the evening.

Menu

Breakfast- Ratio key lime yogurt, 4 triscuits, roasted seaweed

Lunch - Fritatta, 1/4 c steamed sweet potato

Dinner - Roasted turkey breast with onions and carrots

Snack - Tuna with 1T light Miracle Whip and dill relish on a Wasa cracker

Hoping to stay busy today. Have a good one, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 1/21/23 7:34 am, edited 1/21/23 12:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

a friend is coming up from the Chicago suburbs today to pick up her car (she's driving a loaner - long story). She wants to meet somewhere for lunch - I hope she's in the mood for a place or genre where I can easily get a "safe" item, since I ate too much at the party last night and am feeling it this morning. UGH. I kinda wish she wouldn't want to meet for lunch, but given the time that she'll be here and the fact I'm not sure what else we'd do either than meet for lunch (coffee, maybe?), then...lunch may be it. Hopefully she'll be up for a place that features something like soup or chili (or a street taco - but we had Mexican food a few days ago when she was up here with her car - I can always eat Mexican food -but not sure if she'll be up for it again so soon. I'll suggest it, though...)

nothing else going on, although I need to finish a book and do a few minor updates to a Web site.

QOTD: hmmm...well, i'm not sure this is a trait, but after dealing the last few months with family members (mine and DH's) with various mental health issues (either temporary or permanent), I'm really glad I don't have those. I'm talking anxiety and/or depression. I can't imagine how miserable their lives must be when they're feeling like that.

B: it's already 9:30, and I'll be lunching with my friend, so I'll skip. Coffee with half and half, though (already had...)

MS: may have a protein shake since I probably need something in my stomach

L: this all depends on where we're going, but definitely something light!

AS: yogurt or protein muffin

D: 1/2 a veggie burger on 1/2 a bun, maybe a small sweet potato

ex: I'd better do something - I'm feeling like a slug. I'll see what's going on at the gym this morning. Otherwise, another youtube cardio dance thingie.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/23 9:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

how did you like the pao de quijio?

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/21/23 10:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it was really good! I think if I make them again, though, I'll use a more assertive cheese. I used a mix of gruyere and parmesan (more gruyere than parmesan). The recipes I looked at mostly used parmesan, gruyere, mozzarella, or some combination of those - although I did see one that used a combo of parmesan and a sharp cheddar. i might go with the latter next time to I get more of a cheesy taste (although supposedly the cheese they use in Brazil, minas, is more like our parmesan, so...??). Although other than wanting a little more robust cheese taste, i really liked them!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/23 12:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Minas is sharp and salty like parmesan but moister; texture wise I think it's between a fresh ricotta and maybe a drier/less creamy version of laughing cow. It is yummy though, I would have it as a staple at breakfast and on crostini with figs and prosciutto. That was my favorite dish at the hotel I would always be at.

I wonder if it being more moist, it leaves more flavor to embed when it "dries out" in the baking? When I've made them I use parmesan and cheddar because I love a good cheesy bread:-)

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/21/23 3:35 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you could be right about the moisture/flavor thing. And I think I'll do parmesan and cheddar next time I make them, too. I had a couple more this afternoon - they really are good!

catwoman7
on 1/21/23 10:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. thanks for the tip on freezing them - I made about 40 and brought maybe 15-20 home, so I threw half of them in the freezer (I COULD eat 15 or 20 within the next day or two, so I didn't want the temptation! They'll be fine in the freezer for awhile!)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?