What's on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/26/23 1:43 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I see you dressing for the puffs. I would have done the same thing. Only wore PJ's out 1 time and that was for PJ day here at work at Christmas. My dad would roll in his grave if I was out in PJ's or Gym clothes. He taught me better than that.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 1:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I would never leave home in my PJs but I do in my workout clothes! Not any grungy ones but definitely I do it, a lot!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 1/26/23 5:12 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

If I need to grab something at the grocery after the gym I'll run in sweat and all. It's usually 8:30 am on a Saturday so not to many people in there.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 1/26/23 8:32 am, edited 1/26/23 12:34 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I really haven't listened to anything new lately, in my car I listen to the oldies station or NPR, at home in the morning I listen to a hip hop station because they have the Jubal show. I used to keep up with music but not for a while. The only place I drive to is the grocery store and the nature park, so not much time to listen, and when I work for the most part I like quiet.

4 days in a row at the nature park and 4 days with no wine, so I consider that a win for now. The scale said I gained 1.4lbs in one day which I don't believe since my average calorie intake is 1188 calories, so no way I could gain that much. I need to stop driving myself crazy weighing myself daily, and obsessing over calories. I have to tell myself it's not a sprint.

Today is supposed to be the last dry day, Friday & Saturday are supposed to rain, after that it's supposed to get cold, 20's at night and mid thirties during the day. I'll see how it goes, I would like to get a walk every day for the rest of the month. I also dug out my hand weights and will try to start using them. There are also videos from 24 hour fitness so I might try some of those. I should get to the gym, the closest one to me I've never been in so don't know my way around. I just need to do it.

I also need to get some fish at Costco, I've been good about getting in my protein. We were going to have shrimp skewers, but the pineapple I bought from Amazon Fresh is not close to being ripe, so maybe later in the week. We get the huge shrimp from Costco and they are amazing, glad I didn't thaw them out yet. My roommate does them with pineapple, red onion, red bell pepper and great spices and baked in the oven. I can never duplicate what he does.

I don't know how all you guys get everything done, I used to be able to but lately I'm struggling to do just the basics. I know just do it and quit procrastinating.

QJB- I did the 50th Anniversary for my parents, they wanted it at the church hall and my brother and I split the cost. It wasn't a dinner but in the afternoon. Platters from Costco and lots of wine. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! Hope you can work something out. It isn't the food that matters but the company.

Have a great day everyone!

Mel sending you positive thoughts for less pain.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 10:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck on getting your walks in. I was told once that there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing and I try to use that as motivation if I don't want to do something and the weather is not pleasant. (Obviously I obey weather warnings though)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/26/23 10:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a one day gain of 1.4 lbs isn't a true gain. For a true gain, you would have had to have eaten an extra 4900 calories above and beyond what your body needed yesterday. It's probably jus****er retention or full-ish intestines. If so, it should be gone in a day or two...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/23 12:48 pm

congratulations on the 4 day no wine. I've got 2 day no alcohol. I had some, very little, 2 days ago, after not having any for over 2 weeks. I just got aggravated with something before bed, and my brain told me that without a couple of sips I would be stewing ... so I had a few sips.. (1 oz)

as for the "scale said I gained 1.4lbs in one day" - I can lose or gain up to 5 lbs in 24 hrs. Yea, I just ignore it, and take more miralax the day after I "gained", or more salt and minerals if I rapidly lose that much. My typical variation when my weight is stable is 2-3 lbs in 24 hrs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 1/26/23 9:17 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB-I feel your pain with the party. It is nice to celebrate an anniversary but not for 20K. If your mom asked for the party maybe she would be willing to contribute funds toward it. Offer to pay $50/person (if that is what you are planning) but she would need to come up with the rest of the budget to cover the difference. I think that would be a reasonable solution if she really wants to use that venue. Good luck with that talk, so stressful but you will feel better after. Maybe let her know ahead of the game on what you are willing to spend since you are not working. I am sorry to hear you received bad business-related news. I am curious (ok nosey) what it was? Hopefully today will be better.

Yesterday got away from me as I was preparing for a couple of meetings today, running reports, etc. So, I didn't get around to posting. However, I did manage to get both my weight workout and yoga in, which I plan on doing again today. Otherwise, not much planned.

QOTD: I struggle with playlists. If I am at home, I just turn on YouTube selecting current alternative music. At the gym I listen to a variety of hip-hop, rap, heavy metal, 90's pop. Anything with a good beat that makes me want to dance. If I am with my kids, I let them stream whatever they are listing to. DD: Hozier, Colter Wall, CCR, America, Lana Del Rey, My Chemical Romance, Queen, Fall Out Boy. DS: Mom Jeans, Microwave, Joyce Manor, Prince Daddy and the Hyena, Korn, SlipKnot, Lil' Wayne, Blink 182, Johnny Cash... DH seems to be stuck in the late 90' to early 2000 alternative music genre with some country (think Johnny Cash era stuff).

Accountability: Excellent

B: triple zero greek yogurt with berries, keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Summer berry salad with chicken light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, 5 squares sf chocolate

E: chest, delts, triceps weights, 60 min hot yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Queen JB
on 1/26/23 9:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I don't want to get into the weeds on a public forum but each state has different laws for cottage (home) business bakers and my state has a rule that is very limiting, and IMHO unreasonable. I thought I had found a loophole, but I haven't. I'm considering just packing it all in.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 1/26/23 10:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics