What's on your Monday Menu?

Greateight
on 1/31/23 11:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Daisy, it's great to hear from you, I hope you are well.

when we were in New Zealand a couple of years ago, we toured Weta and it was amazing.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Daisydoo02
on 2/1/23 6:58 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Everything is awesome with me up here in Canada!

So my neighbour the FX designer just moved back to Canada in December. Him & his wife moved to NZ for his job at Weta when he was working on the Lord of the Rings movies. He was only planning on staying a few years... the pandemic hit NZ would not let people leave the country!! They were told it would be $20k per person to leave as NZ figured most people Citizens could not afford that so therefore would not be leaving!

NZ just lifted their travel restrictions so they seized the opportunity to come back home to Canada. He says he does not miss the constant humidity and rain but says it was an wonderful experience and that Weta is an amazing company to work for. Lucky you to tour the facility!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Maddymoe2
on 1/30/23 5:19 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning and happy Monday! It's going to be a great week. I am going to step out of my comfort zone and go to water aerobics this morning. The pool is literally a mile from my house. I would walk there, but it's 18 degrees out and very windy. I need to go back and do the things that I did when I was successful. The scariest part is the swimsuit!

I talked a little bit on the weekend menu thread, but I have decided to not drink at all. I have had some uncomfortable conversations with myself, and my husband. I think that it adds to my anxiety. I feel like the past few years have been hard for me with becoming an empty nester, and menopause. I also know that I am not going to reach with health goals if I am drinking wine every night. I need to do this for me. It's been a few weeks since I have drank and I feel so good. I don't feel bloated, brain fog is gone and my anxiety is better.

QOTD- Favorite restaurant post op is a little hole in the wall Gyro Restaurant. It's owned by 2 brothers. Their mom is often in the back making baklava. My go to is the grilled chicken kabobs. I was just there last week after not being there for over a year. I walked in and was greeted by a big smile and hello.

Food for today-

Eggs and cottage cheese

Low carb taco

Baked cod in parchment paper, broccoli

Boiled egg and chomps if needed for snack at work

Vitamins always, lots of water and hot tea

Exercise- Elliptical and water aerobics

Have a great day everyone, it's almost February.

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/30/23 6:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy the water aerobics! I hope you have a blast there

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/30/23 6:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

what's up with the concern over the swimsuit? If it's because you're not crazy about how your body looks in one, I wouldn't worry about that. The people who go to water aerobics classes that meet during the day are almost always the age 60-80 crowd, and they don't care - plus most of them don't look that great in swimsuits, either. I never felt self-conscious with that crowd, even when I weighed over 300 lbs.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 1/30/23 7:18 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congratulations on all your decisions. We all know what we added back into our diets since we were successful taking the weight off. The problem is cutting it out. I am cheering for you. Enjoy the Arobics.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Maddymoe2
on 1/30/23 5:22 am
RNY on 11/22/16

QJB- Ugh, accounting! I did not enjoy that in college. Do not be too hard on yourself for the 86%, that's a B+. You're doing amazing.

ladygodiva1228
on 1/30/23 5:28 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Happy Monday!!! Back to the old grind. JB great job on the accounting project. Not an easy subject in my opinion.

The weekend was pretty good and productive. I helped my hubby take pictures and post some car parts online. He has collected many Mopar parts over the years and even though he has two 1970 Challengers to redo, he didn't need 5 sets of seats, numerous trannies, motors and tons of other stuff. I think he has enough parts to redo 5 or 6 cars.

Did some housecleaning and meal prepped a bunch of stuff yesterday for the week. Took some chickens and pork out of the freezer downstairs. Now just have to get some pork fat to make some sausage with some of the pork.

QOTD: There were a couple, but one place really went downhill in the last year, so I guess the only one we really ever go to is 4G's in Dayville, CT. A family owned place who has never given a bad meal. As a matter of fact a year before Covid we went there and my husband wanted a fisherman's platter, but didn't want it fried. The cook came out and asked him how he would like it and my husband asked for it broiled. It was amazing and the cook came back out to make sure everything was good. Both the waitress and cook each got a $20 tip on a $40 tab. Really great service.

5am coffee with raw milk

B: egg salad

L: Roast beef, ham and cheese wrapped around pickles

D: Mexican pork over cauliflower rice

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 5:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Nothing too exciting here, errands, meal prep, a little baking and tv watching. I have PT and follow up with my surgeon today so the work morning will go quick. JB- sorry you didn't get the grade you wanted-I think a 86% is good though.

QOTD: I like any good Mexican food restaurant where I can get some good tacos or a bowl.

Menu

TSS: 8 years 4 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Maybe crack chicken

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: PT

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics