What's on your Monday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/23 9:43 am

Hi Love. Good to see you here. I decided I need some accountability so I started posting also.

I hope your recovery is swift. I remember that any surgery I had over the last 14 years - my body would recover faster and heal better when I added collagen proteins. I use the multi source collagen in small qty, then regular bovine (because it's less expensive).. During recovery from any surgery - I used app 30+ gr of collagen in addition to regular proteins. The good ones are truly flavorless and dissolve in anything.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 1/30/23 12:22 pm - Amarillo, TX

Welcome back! Great to see you posting.

Teenie
on 1/30/23 1:20 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck with the Healing. I hope it goes quickly.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 4:14 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Emily!!! I'm happy you've come back, sad you've have had some struggles but we are here for you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/30/23 8:03 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Welcome back! I'm on the newbie list but have seen your name and am glad to see you. Hope you're healing quickly.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 1/31/23 5:37 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Welcome back and speedy recovery!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 1/30/23 6:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's freezing outside - the high will be 7 degrees F today. I have a class this afternoon at 4:00 that I considered skipping (I'm an auditor, so it doesn't really matter - and she DOES post her PowerPoints on the class Web page, so I'd at least have a really good idea of what they're discussing today), but I think I might go. There's a parking garage fairly close to the building that the class is in, and I would think by 4:00 pm, there'll be some spaces available (normally my plan is to take the bus - but I don't want to walk the two or three blocks to and from the bus stop to the class - and likely wait 10-15 minutes at a bus stop waiting for a bus - in 7 degree weather. YIKES!)

last night I was doing a lot of reading and video and lecture watching for my online nutrition class on obesity and weight loss. I love the class so far - but some of the info is so discouraging. I'd heard this before from one of my former dietitians so it wasn't exactly news, but if you were once obese and have lost a ton of weight, you have to eat around 20% fewer calories to maintain your weight than someone your same weight & height who's never been obese (my former dietitian said 200-300 fewer calories a day, which kind of jives with the 20%, depending on how much you weigh). Also - the battle against the hormones that rage after a weight loss, making you want to eat enough to get you back to your former weight - UGH. That is why people struggle so much to maintain a loss, of course. But I'm wondering what kind of effect WLS has on that. I know it affects the hormones early on, but I wonder if that continues for the rest of our lives, or if that's just a temporary thing. There's a good (but older) series that was originally on HBO but is now on youtube called "The Weight of the Nation". We've been watching some of those episodes, in addition to some other videos. I think it's a really good series. Anyway, I hope she's planning to do a unit on bariatric surgery because I'd really like to know how WLS affects all of this.

QOTD: I guess I really don't have a favorite, but we seem to go to two places a lot - one is Taigu Noodles, which is, of course, a Chinese noodle place. The noodle dishes are fantastic, and the portions are huge. Between that and the fact that noodles sit in my stomach like a brick, I can get 3-4 meals out of it (although normally we just get one and share it). The other place is one of the authentic taquerias in town. Their street tacos are the bomb. I always order two and that fills me up for hours.

B: it's almost 9:00 and I haven't eaten (I'm never hungry in the morning), so I may just have my protein shake now, breakfast around 11:00, and a late lunch before heading for class. So----protein shake.

MS: protein oatmeal topped with plain Greek yogurt and fruit

L: protein muffin

AS: if needed, I'll have a protein bar with me

D: some Ratio yogurt and a piece of kugel (I calculated how many calories are in the kugel I made the other day for a potluck. Good lord. 238 in a small piece (I cut the pan-full into 24 pieces). Good thing I checked...I can work one small piece into my daily calorie allotment, but no more than that!)

ex: yet another youtube video, because it's too damn cold to leave the house!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/23 9:51 am

The 20% lee may be real, or even higher number when I eat normal food - including carbs. After WLS and f or many years - I know my pancreas makes much more insulin is response to foods - carbs and proteins, than most "normal" people. I used to get RH after eating proteins. Lean or relatively lean proteins. i.e. 2 HB eggs would trigger RH 1 hr later. Adding avocado or a bunch of good mayo - slow down that.
Even now, if I eat carbs, even with proteins and fat, I get hungry again 2 hrs after the meal, and / or get shaky. I hate RH more than dumping.

Eating keto - clean keto type diet, no fake foods, I don't get very hungry. And I don't really crave sweets. But I need to be on a clean keto for a least 1-2 weeks to really fell the full effects. And keto - means fat and proteins.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Teenie
on 1/30/23 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Wow that weekend went fast. Glad you took the day off yesterday QJB. Sorry for the 86 but hopefully it will turn around quickly.

I had a fun weekend, but I had lots of pain and no exercise. Friday night my Achillies tendon was so sore and continued through Saturday. It was a beautiful day in the high 40's and Sunshining. I wanted to get outside to run but the tendon was super angry. Yesterday it seemed better, but it rained all day, and I never did get outside this weekend. The skin on my hand where the stiches were started peeling off, so I opened up a wound on my hand. My shoulder is still bothering me but not enough to call the chiropractor yet.

QOTD: I like a local spot called the Kopper Kettle. I enjoy wings and chili there. But I can adapt to any restaurant now I am this far out.

Accountability: I had sweets. I made cake pops and ate one of those and I had chocolate dipped pretzel rods and I drank the Altar wine at the Night at the races that the church provided. Gotta love a Catholic fund raiser. Drinking and gambling. LOL

TSS: 5 years 1 month 19 days 162 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF chocolate Caramel Coffee Mate

MS: Light and Fit creme brulee Greek yogurt and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

L: RGF Lasagna bowl and snack select

D: Crack chicken

Exercise: nope not yet we'll see.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 4:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, sounds like some rest was what your body needed.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics