What's on your Wednesday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/1/23 11:00 am

Yes. The area is nice. It's growing rapidly. Unfortunately. The infrastructure doesn't support the rapid growth.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mkess
on 2/1/23 7:53 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

We gotta get over that hump.

That meme reminds me of all the fad diets / new scripts that were supposed to help. My least favorite non-sustaining, gain the weight back diet was the Lemonade cleanse.

More car issues have been coming my way. I got the pressing issues taken care of and it discovered more issues that need immediate attention. I hope to have this resolved by the weekend. The part should be coming today and installed tomorrow.

QOTD - Oh man, people just seem to **** me off lately. Pet peeves - illegally parking in a handicap spot, especially when I end up having to park much farther away. People who don't listen. Inconsiderate neighbors. People who don't pick up after their dog. People not following through on their word. I can go on...

Accountability: 3 square slices of pizza. Ordered a Lou Malnatis thin crust cause I had 50% off and I can't turn down a good deal.

B: Jimmy Deans egg& bacon in a cup. Tangerine. Zero cal energy drink.

L: chicken salad.

D: turkey cold cuts and a salad.

Accountability: 3 square slices of pizza. Ordered a Lou Malnatis thin crust cause I had 50% off and I can't turn down a good deal.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Sheila_H
on 2/1/23 8:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oh Matt, I did the lemon-cayenne pepper diet. 15 days of starvation and lost 15 lbs. and put it right back + some extra lbs. so frustrating and so defeating.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/1/23 11:07 am

I did that a few times. It cleaned my adult acne I got after I quit smoking.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mkess
on 2/1/23 2:49 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Yep, that's the one. It was SO MUCH FUN! I did that diet for 20 days with coworkers. I decided to stop but some people went 40 days. I also regained and then some.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/1/23 5:19 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good luck on the car repairs. That can be a steep price tag very quickly. Hopefully it's not car buying time with the lack of supply.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 2/1/23 8:06 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB-An adventure sounds nice, and it is good to see something new. I agree with you on the "just fell off" article is misleading. Social media is such a place for people to seem like their life is perfect or they have all the answers. I spoke to a new bariatric surgery patient last week who was looking on social media regarding expected weight loss post-op. Unfortunately, people post extraordinary pounds lost and new surgery patients have unrealistic expectations. I explained the bell-shaped curve, that there are those who are the outliers who are at either end of the curve. I also shared my experiences, encouraged joining a support group (specifically ours) to share realistic expectations, and that she should contact the clinic when she has these types of questions.

Back to work today, start of the new month with the usual paperwork associated. Yesterday was nice and relaxing. We had breakfast out. I had quarter of a pancake since I had already had my morning yogurt several hours earlier. DH went to a medical obesity medical appointment and started Ozempic for weight loss. I am hoping this will help get him on track with his eating. Unfortunately, he is an all or nothing thinker so doesn't make lifestyle changes but rather goes on extreme diet plans. It is his journey and all I can do is support what he decides to do. Anyway, we went to a movie. It was the new Gerard Butler movie "Plane". I really liked it. It is action adventure but not over the top nor too many special effects. Good acting, story line, and what you would expect for action. Entertaining. We had Indian food for dinner (yummy). I also enjoyed some cake and ice cream. I am amazed at how sensitive I am to simple carbs. I did experience RH yesterday. Not a great feeling. I have decided that I have nothing planned until March 2 when DD and I go on another little trip, so I will eat on track with intention until that time. It will correspond with my 30 workouts in 30 days yoga challenge.

QOTD: nothing really at this point.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with keto granola, berries, cold brew with half n half

L: Chicken asian salad with light sesame ginger dressing

S: protein frosty

D: Summer berry salad with light poppy seed dressing

S: 5 squares sf chocolate

E: 60 min hot yoga, back, rear delts, and bicep weights

Have a great day.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/23 8:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Interesting. I would not have joined/participated in this board if I knew someone from my medical team was on it. To me it's very different in an anonymous, uncontrolled setting vs participating in the support program run by my medical team.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/1/23 8:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Very true. Not the same, but before Covid at our monthly support meeting, I saw my kids' pediatrician. I loved him to pieces and we always talked about losing weight. He was one of the few people that I was straight with re: my surgery. But once he showed up at the meeting it was awkward.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 2/1/23 9:52 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am not actually part of the medical team per se. Rather my job is data collection and quality improvement, which is what I told the lady. Which is why I referred her to the clinic for any concerns.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics