Weight gain

Becca3299
on 2/22/23 7:57 am - GIRARD, OH

I'm frustrated. I've gained about 20 pounds very quickly. I normally maintained. Im not sure what changed in me. I know something did. Im hungry. Im eating too much. Help! Unfortunately I have no support.

Alexpope
on 2/22/23 8:47 am
RNY on 10/21/20

I am in the same place and had some weight gain due to social drinking and was able to lose some of that but over the last few months I have again started gaining again. I realize that my issue is that I quit focusing on my meal planning and prepping and went with what was easy fast food. So I am going back to my basics and planning and prepping my meals. The only advice I can give you is that since you know you are eating too much start tracking your food so you can make adjustments and it was suggested to me so I want to suggest it to you hop on the WHATS ON YOUR MENU post on this forum for accountability. Plus you will get some great advice and help from others here and you will have an online support group. When I first came here I checked out the recipes that is on the site and found some good menu ideas so you might try that too. At least you will know they are carb friendly.

White Dove
on 2/22/23 12:47 pm - Warren, OH

For a woman, it takes 10 calories a day to maintain one pound. If you eat an extra 200 calories a day you will maintain an extra 20 pounds. 200 calories could be a candy bar, cookies, ice cream, dinner roll, fruit or anything more than you need to maintain your goal weight. Track everything you eat and determine how many calories.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/23 2:24 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Congratulations on making it 15 years and without major issues, which is wonderful :)

Maybe start with a visit to your GP (or I think Americans call it a PCP) and a food diary? get your bloods done etc. Start with the basics.

ladygodiva1228
on 2/23/23 8:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

What does your daily meals look like? Is it possible you are drinking extra calories like soda or alcohol?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views