What's on your Sunday menu everyone?

Melody P.
on 2/26/23 3:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

Do y'all remember that cruddy neighbor that made drugs? He got a measly 5 years probation. Just ridiculous and infuriating. BUT another shocking. I am not a cop hater but the police here in my town are worthless. We had a neighbor have a woman walk in and refuse to leave. The neighbors are a mother daughter pair who is in their 80's and 100's. What did the police do? Just ask her to leave and not come back. When our fence was ran over they wouldn't even file a report instead they told the kid how to get his license back and how to drive on snow & ice. Treated us like dirt.I know two of the police here(I'm semi related to them) and trust me when I say they are not nice folks. It's an example of the attitude and arrogance that tends to bloom at the APD. They have told us many times there is NOTHING they are willing to do in many cases. Just so frustrating. Since our new good ol boy chief of police got the job it's gone down hill.

Nothing planned for the day. I did get a lot of stuff done yesterday other than chainmail. Today I am doing that.. I was sick for the later part of the day...mostly my stomach and head. I was really nauseous and freezing even though it was 65° outside.

QOTD: what is the main color you think you look good in?

I look best in warm tones like oranges and yellows. I can wear any of them though. When my mom wears green she looks really washed out skin tone wise.

B: duck egg, turkey sausage, cheese, two low carb street taco tortillas and coffee

L: ????

D: maybe fish?

S: banana, rusty cracker (3), and maybe some lunch meat

Melody P.
on 2/26/23 3:32 am - Amarillo, TX

I have no idea what it auto corrected not into another...it should've said BUT not shocking.

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/23 4:04 am
RNY on 01/24/23

Hello Melody and all

The US local police system (as an outsider) has always baffled me. I see how on some true crime shows a police dept 2 minutes from another never shared vital info etc, and the idea of sherrifs or prosecutors being elected makes me scared lol Aus system isn't perfect but seems to keep our local police within the law.

qotd: darker - fat guy

soft mix, we shall see

have a great day!!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/26/23 4:49 am
WLS on 07/15/22

My Aussie friend told me when he gets pulled over, he gets out of the car and approaches the police. I was aghast since where I'm from, that's a great way to get shot. So many differences.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 2/26/23 4:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you read the book Tall Man by Chloe Hooper? She's currently my favorite Australian true crime author -- Tall Man and The Arsonist were both incredible reads.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/23 11:31 am
RNY on 01/24/23

I haven't, I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/26/23 4:45 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Ah, adventures with police. It's such a hit and miss thing depending on who's in power, sadly. And policing seems to draw the ones who crave power and have an abundance of arrogance. I'm sorry your local PD is not protecting or serving in any way.

QOTD- Teal or neutral/dark colors with a lot of earth tones. I wear a lot of gray and black. You don't see me in bright colors much without a specific purpose.

I got a lot of laundry done yesterday and am mostly good for today. Have to leave by 3 to get where I need to be and drop the dogs at 4:30. After that, I might stop by Ross and Burlington to see if there are any good deals. I found out recently that my sister is getting married in October. I've gotten my wedding attendee dresses for the last 15 years at Ross and they've had some good options, so I want to start getting an idea of what they might have, even if it's not a good idea to buy one this far out with me still losing. I'm blind to fashion and send pictures to a friend who is not when I try on dresses. Fortunately, it amuses her quite a bit.

Notable for me, I slept pretty well last night. Like, I only remember waking up twice, which is practically unheard of! I also ended up getting up past six, which is only odd because the dogs waited. Normally small dog climbs on top of me. At this stage, it's as effective as him making yarfing noises on the bed as I don't want him on my stomach.

Accountability- Good!

Exercise - Slow recumbent bike today.

Menu - Ratio yogurt x2, two boiled eggs, dinner in town with a protein-forward choice.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 2/26/23 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I started using my two nieces as my fashion advisors when they were about 7; they had a better eye than I do, even then....and they still do. Also, they are both very much of the mind that "where what you like" is the best fashion choice. Young women today are amazing in so many ways and that confidence is definitely one of the ones that I admire.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/26/23 7:52 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Smart ladies, those. :) Must say, I do love the empowerment these days that supports people expressing themselves. It's led to some fun encounters in public spaces, and the occasional double-take or two. I also love to compliment people's unique fashion choices.

I'm all for wearing what you like, which is why I pick out the dresses I'd be willing to wear and then let my friend pick from them through mirror selfies since she lives half the country away. I've been known to do the same thing with salespeople in stores like Lane Bryant when I know I need business clothes for occasions where I really do need to be more put together. More asking for fashion assistance since I won't cram myself into 3 inch stilettos or uncomfortable clothes for any reason, anymore.

I do remember those days in my teens when doing everything "right" really seemed to matter for a while. Then I started wearing men's clothes because they were less ridiculous (functional), cheaper, easier to find my size, and guaranteed to have pockets. Talk about fashion faux pas back then!

Dress occasions are only once every few years for me, so I want to be pickier, especially since I don't wear jewelry or makeup. Kind of a treasure hunt when it happens!

lmfontana4
on 2/27/23 11:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Also consider thrift shops for dresses. I found the dress I wore at Christmas that you liked at a thrift store, still had the original store tags on it so it was never worn before.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics