What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/13/23 3:49 am, edited 3/13/23 8:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! This meme feels like good advice for a Monday after daylight savings. Hope you all had a good weekend! I had a great cookie class yesterday and I enjoyed watching the Oscars last night!

I am supposed to do a really big corporate class tomorrow, and I am completely prepared--all the baking and icing is made, but now we are facing our biggest winter storm of the season with over a foot of snow in the forecast. Right now it's still on, but I am worried about it... My policy says I don't have to refund if they cancel, but that feels ****ty, so I hope it works out that we can reschedule soon.

Today Grim and I will be heading to Costco with the rest of the riff-raff who will be vying for the french toast ingredients needed before the big storm. Other than that, I just need to do some clean up from yesterday's class and I guess I will probably start doing reading for next semester's class which starts tomorrow.

QOTD: Have you crossed off any bucket list items recently? I can't think of anything too exciting, except that I am officially more than half way through my MBA program. I have completed 6 out of 10 classes! Whoo!

B: Protein Coffee x2

L: Fish Tacos

D: Chicken, I guess?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 3/13/23 4:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I'm awake. My mother scheduled at 7:00 am dentist appt for this morning, which is an hour before her senior complex's driver starts his day. So i have to be there at 6:30 to pick her up. Which means I have to leave here at 6:10. Which means I had to set my alarm at 5:30. The morning after DST began. UGH. But....I'm alive!

yea a 12" snow storm would be a problem with a class. Not sure how I would handle that. Unless something like a death in the family or a major blizzard would be an exception? I don't know. Having exceptions can complicate things, but on the other hand, I can understand feeling ****ty about it. Yikes. Well, fingers crossed it turns out to be not much on an issue.

nothing on tap for me today other than to finish some Web stuff for one of my organizations. The person I need more info from to fini**** is in Australia and won't be home until the end of the week, but someone else is screaming that it isn't up yet (the event isn't for seven more weeks, but whatever. I'll get up what I can and update it after person A gets back from her trip). Oh - and i need to work getting caught up in my classes, which I've been saying for days and still haven't done.

QOTD: not since going to Scotland last summer. I'm hoping to go to Sweden this summer which will include knocking something else off (i.e., visiting the places where four of my great grandparents were born), but my mother is being a huge butt about my insisting that she either stay at a senior living complex while I'm gone (as a short-term respite "patient") OR we hire someone - like a CNA - to be on call for her while I'm gone, and who can stay with her if she has some kind of medical emergency. She insists she doesn't need that and I'm treating her like a baby and I'm "not considering her feelings", but sorry - she's 88 years old and has health issues and I will not fly off to Europe if there's no back up plan in place for her. Unless maybe my sister can come and stay with her while I'm gone (unlikely she can - but we'll see). It's either we get a plan in place, or I can't go.

B: skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: hummus sandwich with cucumber and tomato slices, orange

AS: protein muffin

D: taco filling with lettuce, tomato, salsa, and salsa

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/23 5:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I hope you figure out a plan for your mom. Can a local senior center off other ideas? Surely this is something they've run into before.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 3/13/23 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good idea! I did email the place where she lives now - it's an independent senior living place (so no assisted living or nursing care), but I figured this may have come up before since all their residents are seniors and they almost certainly have kids who either live elsewhere, or live around here but who occasionally go on vacation - but contacting a senior center is a great idea, too. I'll do that now. Thanks!

Maddymoe2
on 3/13/23 7:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

We have Senior Services transport here. I think it's a $5 donation. You just have to call 48 hours before scheduled appointment.

catwoman7
on 3/13/23 4:54 pm, edited 3/13/23 9:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the senior center does that here, too, but she seems reluctant to do that - I'm not sure what her hang up is with that. It's sort of weird...(her senior apt complex also has that service, but I think they go through drivers like crazy (maybe low pay? I don't know), so they don't always know from week to week. She did register to have a ride with the current guy some time in April when I can't do it, but they got a letter Saturday that he's resigned and his last day is at the end of March. Ugh. Hopefully they'll be able to hire a new one, but who knows. We'll deal with it somehow....)

Emiepie
on 3/13/23 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you're able to find a solution so you can plan the trip.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 3/13/23 6:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with the mom situation!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 3/13/23 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

She is 88. I think she needs a little grace. I understand it impacts your arrangements. Remember she will not be around forever. I'll be praying for you that you find a compromising solution.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 3/13/23 8:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I understand your side on this, but on the other hand, her father's sister lived until age 92, so my mother potentially could as well (i think her father was 86, but women tend to live longer than men). So...she could be around for a few years longer, and now that my sister is no longer living here, I can either not take vacations for potentially the next four years, or line something up for her if I want or need to get away for a few days. The funny thing is, she dealt with a similar situation when she was my age. Her parents were in a senior facility in Cleveland, and she was living in North Carolina, so her brother was the one who more-or-less cared for them since he lived in town (even though they lived in the senior place - but he was the one who took them to appts, visited them, dealt with them if they were sick, etc). My mother would fly up there three or four times a year to give Bill a break, or to "cover" for him if he and his wife wanted to get out of town for a few days. So she understood the need for having a plan B - although she evidently sees things differently now that she's in the other role.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views