Amazon delivered... or did it?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/23 2:30 pm

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, for the business and for myself. I have a bunch of items on auto-delivery, subscription, and until recently, never saw that happening.

I recently discovered that 2 boxes (shipments, a few orders in each) that were shipped to me where never delivered. I was charged, but never got the,

Long story: people at my work either eat, toss or steal metal forks. Not sure which one but added manufacturing section at the back of the office building added a bunch of people that share the common office break area. Long story short - every 6-8 months I have to 16-18 SS forks from Amazon. They are still cheaper and better for environment than plastic forks.

At the end of January I ordered a set of forks. I never got them and the message at the order stated "they are running late.. be patient". When I got back from the trip (March 13) I finally decided that I need to request a refund and reorder them. To my surprise - the forks, together with 3 other items were shipped on Jan 27, to be delivered on the 30th. Total value of items in the box was around $100. So I called the customer service and they give me a full refund. Because t was over 30 days, they just could give me a refund and not a replacement.

After that conversation, I checked rest of my orders I placed Late Jan- March, and I found one more box (another $100) that was shipped, but never delivered. I called them again and got the money back.

If you do many orders on Amazon- and have some stuff that it says "running late" check the "Tracking" to see if its running late to be shipped or... is lost in the universe or... in someone's garage. .

FYI: I'm not sure if this is my issues but until recently, I never had that problem. (I checked years 2021 and 2022 do get all my Business related orders to get the the $$ before each of the end of the year. )

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 3/21/23 2:44 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

That really stinks. I get Amazon deliveries regularly, but not so many that I lose track of anything. There were a couple of times that I got the "running late" notice, and I waited a couple of days and canceled.

We also have a doorbell camera, so we can see if there actually was a delivery.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/23 3:18 pm

A lot of stuff I get shipped to the work place. Unless it sonly for me personally and I know Keith is going to be home that day. So the boxes get delivered and are accounted for.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 3/21/23 3:48 pm - Warren, OH

Once in a great while that does happen. Most of the time I just wait and the order comes much sooner than they said it would. I grew up when you cut out a coupon from a cereal box and waited six to eight weeks for some plastic toy to be delivered. Amazon is amazing to me that they get things to me so quickly and easily. Their customer service has always been excellent and they have not charged for things that were not delivered. It is a shame that people steal forks and hope that they are not just throwing them away.

When I had a beauty shop I learned that some people would steal toilet paper. I could not leave out more than one spare roll or it would disappear by end of the day. People are strange.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 51 views