What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/27/23 1:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everybody. Hope you are well and having a great weekend.

If you didn't see it my colonoscopy and egd was canceled. My doctor is stuck at a conference out of the country. Not sure when it'll be rescheduled. I was not doing well mentally last night. I was just tired from not much sleep. I tried naps but my body just hurts to much laying down at times. I'm just so tired and not much sleep tonight either. I've been up since a little before midnight. Mentally so far though I'm doing relatively fine today.

It's fixin to rain again. I think that may be contributing to the pain elevation. Since I don't have to do the prep we are going to the cemeteries to put flowers out and flags. Not my favorite activity and it brings me no comfort at all. I figure I'll be car a lot since it'll be so muddy.

QOTD: what band or singer do you think is overrated "

Bob Dylan or Reba McIntire. They just don't do it for me.

Breakfast will be an egg bowl

lunch will likely be GF chicken nuggets and maybe a slice of GF toast or some cheese

no clue about the rest

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/27/23 4:38 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Sorry your appointments were canceled Mel. Waiting and in pain is just traumatic, especially when you don't have answers. I hope you're able to get some rest this weekend regardless of the rain.

QOTD- I really never got putting anyone on a pedestal that high. Though I think she's okay, I don't get the Taylor Swift mania, personally. To each their own, though!

Today is buying dog food and getting their nails trimmed. I've been thinking about whether I want to do any of the traditionalish kind of cooking for this holiday weekend and may make a chicken sausage or uncured hot dog with some fancy mustard. Might make some kind of small potato side, but undecided.

If at all possible, I'll try to get the outdoor stuff planted. No promises there but it does need to happen sooner rather than later, so it will be a one at a time task. The heat is coming.

Menu today is a sourdough English muffin, half with butter and half with Cabot cheese, chicken and dumplings x2, hummus, protein pudding, baked fish, maybe some of the sausage and ham with beans. I'm afraid of the gas they may cause.

Best Saturday, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 5/27/23 6:04 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm not much of a fanatic about any one thing really either. When I was 6 I was in love with a Michael Jackson silk scarf. That's as close as it's come. I like Taylor Swift but I don't get the swiftie thing either. I certainly never understood Kanye wests appeal before the whole bad thing started. AND Elon musks appeal. Don't get it!

sorry for the tangent!

Maddymoe2
on 5/27/23 5:43 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday. I have a hard time getting on here to post during the week. We are headed to my daughters today to help build her a pergola in her backyard.

I was able to get 2 iron infusions, each a week apart. When I went to my first one, my ferritin was at a 5, so much needed. My doctor said it takes about 2 weeks to kick in.

Melody- I am so sorry your appointments were canceled. I hope that they can get you rescheduled soon. I also hope a nap is in your plans for today.

QOTD- I am not really a fan of modern music. I like the 80's and mellow stuff like James Tayor and Neil Young.

Food today-

Egg White egg bites

Protein shake with coldbrew

2 Chicken skewers from the Gyro restuarant

Rib eye, broccolini

Not sure what else is on the menu.

I am thinking of trying IF. I need to do something to switch it up.

Have a great day everyone!

Melody P.
on 5/27/23 6:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Hope the iron infusions do their magic! I may have to get some myself. My doctor is afraid of an ulcer or bleed since it dropped so fast. Life has to be interesting!

glad to see you posting.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/27/23 6:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Nice to see you! Enjoy your family time and yay for getting some help on the iron front!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 5/27/23 5:48 am, edited 5/26/23 10:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ So thankful to have survived this week as well as I did. I'd still be sleeping right now if it weren't for my very demanding alarm cat. Even at 16, he may as well be a drill sergeant. Anyway - 3 glorious days off with very little plans which is perfect. Saw my sister yesterday, we had a really nice lunch. She said I've been really distant lately - she's not wrong. It's the surgery and my job. I have no energy for anything beyond what is required and just want to be home to restore. Anyway this is the sister that had VSG 7 years ago and has regained the majority of her weight. She was so concerned that I was only eating 700 cals a day at 6 weeks out. She looked at me like I was crazy. She doesn't get it and I can't talk to her about it anymore. She discussed with me yet another diet she is trying - rinse and repeat. It made me realize my previous/similar cycle. I could have lost weight w/out the revision if I had just really done the work, but I never would have stopped drinking or realized what work and done it if I didn't have the surgery. Thats messed up, huh. I'm really thankful to be where I am right now and what I had to go through to get here.

Yellowjackets finale - o.m.g.

Today is walking the dogs, golf, BBQ and a movie.

QOTD - Creedence

B- coffee, protein bar

l - hot dog at golf course

d - filet mignon

Have a wonderful day!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Melody P.
on 5/27/23 5:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Jelly of your dinner! Also glad you survived the week too!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/27/23 6:43 am, edited 5/26/23 11:44 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Amy, I think you have to give yourself a break. Maybe there are cir****tances where someone gets a revision because they don't want/can't make themselves do the work but don't forget your new doc said that you needed a physical change as well as all the work you put it mentally. Once they told you that, you got on board with the surgery but you have also done a buttload of work on your mind, one your discipline. I'm sorry your sister is being a little passive aggressive about your presence- you're still not even two months post op, you're still on the swollen/constricted lowest volume aspects, your energy will come back and then you can do all the things. In the meantime, if you and DH and DS are getting what you need from each other, then everyone else needs to just step back.

Be kind to yourself, you are a badass and you are doing a hard thing.

edited - I'm not dogging your sister, I just know that sibling relationships are complicated and they are the ones that seem to be the easiest for an off hand, unintended criticism can create the most spin. My sister is great and supportive and I think she would say the same about me but man, we can trigger each other without trying.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 5/27/23 6:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

What she said! After each of the major surgeries in my life, it was MONTHS before I had all my energy back. The body uses it where it's needed most. You are doing great. Keep listening to what your body is saying, not the talking heads around you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics