What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/28/23 4:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin folks. Hope all is well with everyone and that you are getting quality time in with whatever you choose to do!

I had yet another rough night of very little sleep but I refuse to let it get me down as much as I can help it. Yeah physically I feel like poo but mentally I've got to shake it off. My cat barfed in my moms crocs so let's hope it only gets better from there! HA HA.

Not sure what we've got planned for the day. I know we are going to the grocery store for a few things and my brother and his family are coming over to get the little stuff they left over here. I wanna see the kids but my brother and SIL? Not so much. Good news though, my SIL seems to have worked on some things with her mom and she watched them Friday. The kids only have my mom and Jess's mom as grandparents so it's good to have her in their life even if we don't like her much.

Look like we're about to get some more rain! Under flood watches so it's a bit too much of a good thing.

I have a question for y'all. What is your favorite thing to use balsamic glaze on? I found a few really amazing one at the store the other day and I'm looking for ideas on how to use. One is blood orange and the other is green apple(my favorite). Any tips are much appreciated!

QOTD: what is your favorite sleeping conditions?

Mine's cold dark and with the high velocity fan going(our back road is a highway).

food is kind of unplanned but lunch will be tacos and other Mexican food. Yum!

Maddymoe2
on 5/28/23 5:34 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning Melody and happy Sunday. I am up early. My husband was snoring, the dog was snoring and the cat wanted food.

We are headed out for a walk this morning. The baby geese have hatched. I love walking down by the water and watching them.

QOTD- I enjoy sleeping with my big window open so I can hear the creek in the backyard, ceiling fan on and my dog on her bed next to my side of the bed.

Melody- I love to make a bruchetta topping and put it over my chicken. I dice tomatoes, red onion, shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and add my balsamic glaze to it. It's very tasty. I have also seen grilled peaches with balsamic but have never tried it.

Food for today-

Chike protein coffee

Egg bites

leftover ribeye

Smoked chicken, side salad with olive garden light italian

Have a great day everyone!

Amy Liz
on 5/28/23 6:49 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Me too bacon. Yesterday we didn't go golfing which was fine by me. I enjoyed doing nothing specials and had a nap - it was lovely. Today, kiddo is coming over. We will shop, finish up Mando finally and watch more Jeopardy masters tonight. A very chill day.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like balsamic glaze - it just doesn't taste right to me.

QOTD - cool temp, light blankets, fan. TV on if I need to distract my mind, otherwise dark and quiet.

Accountability - unplanned protein bar

b- coffee, eggs

l - turkey and cheese

d- grilled lemon chicken

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 5/28/23 6:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning, quick post for me! Guardians is entertaining, great soundtrack and dinner was lovely. I had a couple of really delish tequila drinks too - a tequila old fashioned and a spicy jalapeño-ginger margarita, yum. I did bring one pao de quijio and half a plantain back to have for lunch today.

My workout is done (293 for the year and I have my 50 for the month on the rower in), I'm heading to do some quick shopping and my massage, and then home to do some plant re arranging before I head out for graduations parties. Tomorrow will be a full rest day, no workout, no laptop, and only some reading on the agenda.

QOTD - good for fruits like strawberries and anything with a pit (peaches, apricots, plums), and chicken...or for a salad dressing

menu today

coffee plus half and half

skyr

plantain and pao de quiejo

dinner - tbd, probably snack dinner, bbq forward given the grad stuff

Have a fantastic day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/28/23 8:33 am - Warren, OH

I never heard of balsamic glaze. Maybe because I don'****ch cooking shows and don't go to fancy restaurants. I am so interested in your responses and plan to try it.

QOTD: I turn the heated mattress pad even when the air conditioner is running. The heat feels good on my back and legs and I sleep better. For years, I was always too warm in bed and kept the covers off, but now I get cold easily.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/28/23 10:46 am, edited 5/28/23 3:47 am

Hello Sunday.

It's unusually cold in SC it the end of May. I've lived here since 1995 and I don't remember such a cold May. Wet- yes, but we would get 85 and rain. Today at noon was 56. 56F. We get warmer in winter here. Crazy weather.

Qotd: I lately sleep on my back. Most of the night. With a thick pillow under my knees. Conditions: as cold as it can be with just a top sheet, dark, quiet. I don't mind if the cost or Keith are snoring, as longbas Keith is not on his side facing me and snoring at full volume. I know I snore sleeping on my back, and my car sometimes wake me up because of that. Or he would wake me up is Keith is facing us snoring at full volume. Yes, cat wakes me up to do something about Keith snoring. Hilarious.

ecause of the weather plus too much processed foods yesterday- i woke up with a headache. It took me 3 hrs to clear it, mostly, enough for me to move around.

It's indigestion plus weather. When I get constipated, I get headaches. Always. Since I was a child. And for my crazy system - not having BM in the morning- first thing am =is constipation with a headache. 2-3 days no BM - migraine. Whe. I was younger I sawca functional medicine doctor plus naturopath. Both linked my migraines with BM. One stipulated that there my ******ve in, around my colon, or lower part of small intestine that gets seriously irritated when I get "full of s.it".

Balsamic glaze - I use to make my own, because I didn't like the commercial - too many sugars, and chemicals added. I used to put of on veggies, meat and fish (obviously).

High temperature roasted Brussel sprouts go great with Balsamic glaze, and parmesan. So good. Almost any veggies- roasted, broiled etc.

On Friday I stopped by Aldi and they had wonderful organic strawberries. They are ripe and juice and sweet. Ugh. I could eat them at every meal

Menu

Liquids

Lunch: cheese and strawberries

D: no clue..some meat and veggies

But I plan to make letcho - like with sausage meal for Keith. We have a bunch of peppers I need to go through to see when it's still ok raw or I need to turn it into a dish for Keith. (Fajitas, or letcho.. ). Plus check my fridge for cold cuts - meats. Toss some old ones.

Today is a house work - relax day. I hope to do a bunch of things but if not, o well..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 5/28/23 3:07 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Why ugh for perfect strawberries? They are so rare and short lived!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/30/23 9:34 am

Because I bought 4lbs on Friday and they were gone - all of them my Monday morning. I love them, but I was hoping to eat them slowly - over the week... Like maybe 0.5 lb per day - so 8 days.. nope.. they were so good that I ate them in 2.5 days. UGH...Plus I ate an additional 1 lb of blueberries...

My weight loss stalled... I still would like to lose 8-10 lbs. But.. I gained 2lbs instead. And I am out of strawberries... ugh...I cleaned them so they would last a week without going bad.... Keith asked for some on Monday evening... I just laughed.. too late.. and told him to have some ice cream... or tiramisu...I buy that for him.

But they were just perfect. I'm going to call the weekend a re-carbing weekend. And follow clean keto this week. My cravings for carbs resurfaced... after all - 4 lbs of strawberries, 1 lb of blueberries, plus some raw carrots... not exactly keto...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Greateight
on 5/29/23 7:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I guess if a cat is going to vomit in one's shoe, Croc's are the best case scenario.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics