Help guys...Trying to get back on track!!!!

MALMANZA
on 6/3/23 2:53 am

Good morning, everyone. I would like to introduce myself. I'm Missy 46 years old, had my fully gastric bypass surgery back in 2006-8 cannot remember right at this moment. I have done very well for the most part however the last 10 years have been challenging, I have been through a divorce, followed by a domestic violence relationship, and I have fallen off the band wagon, I am coming back to the site in hopes to get support and encouragement to help me get back on track. I have also gone well going through menopause. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/3/23 8:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Welcome back. Getting on track is hard, but you've taken a step. I recommend you check in on the daily menu thread. It's a great bunch of people, and it really helps to keep the process moving.

Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 6/3/23 2:44 pm - Warren, OH

I had my RNY in 2007. I have regained and lost it again several times. I believe the only track that works is tracking your food and keeping your calories at less than you burn. For most women, that means multiply your goal weight by 10 and limit yourself to that amount of calories per day. It will take time, but it will work if you follow it. Exercise, intermittent fasting, low carb, keto, and every other diet idea helps, but only reducing calories has ever worked for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/4/23 4:59 am

Join the daily "what you doing/eating " posts in this forum. It's like accountability posts.

My RNY was in 2008. I maintained most of my loss all those years. Most but not all. I gained 35 lbs over the first pandemic year 2020... then I would lose 10-15 lbs, regain...rinse and repeat. Finally I got tired of being too heavy for my joints. Plus eating too many carbs affects my joints. I got serious and decided to lose the regain.

It's not easy or fast. I'm older, I deal with chronic pain, arthritis, etc. Exercise are challenging...my I know my diet is responsible for my weight loss.

I finally got serious and adopted keto-paleo type of eating. (I still hard aged cheese and butter- ghee). I slowly losing weight. But this type of lifestyle really helps inflammation- over last 6 months my chronic pain dropped by app 50%. My IBS is less bothering me, and i feel much better. I lose 25 lbs of the regain, and I'm working on the last (stubborn) 8-10 lbs.

At this point, it's more about quality of life, reduced pain, increased mobility.

Getting good- detailed blood work showed me when my blood levels of vitamins- minerals and hormones were not optimum and I'm able to work on that.

It's all about quality of life at this time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Carrie C.
on 7/24/23 8:02 am - Victoria, TX

Wow! As I'm reading your post I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't ME actually writing it

Your story and situation hit extremely close to home as I had my RNY in 2009, Maintained my weightloss + loss an addl amount thru diet & exercise, bust then Pandemic hit. I then had long term COVID witch set me back and did ugly things to my body as well back in 2021. Now I have gained about 45 pounds turned the corner to that big 60 and nothing is the same anymore.

I have Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, Cervical Stenosis just to name a few things that cause daily Chronic Pain! I am not a Pill taker at all... I opt for the natural resources and just push through best as I can!! My Weight GAIN is hurting me

My taste for food is gone since COVID so the struggle to eat the right foods is tough... I don't like many things anymore! The fatigue gets me so the enjoyment of cooking is now gone.

I do stay active and garden, play sports (when body allows), enjoy time in pool) so I don't just give in...BUT THE SCALE never moves down. My POUCH still lets me know when its upset...I do DUMP and throw up often from over eating/drinking too much or too sweet!!

I have no Dr's in this area that run the blood level test for vitamins & minerals...this has been a problem since my RNY was done.

To Everyone struggling to get back on track...I'm with you on this difficult journey! Good Luck, Stay Positive

wendygail
on 6/7/23 9:46 am - Live Oak, FL
Good afternoon Missy. And welcome back. We can do this!!!!!
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 491 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views