Recent Posts

Emiepie
on 2/13/24 6:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good Morning! I hope all of you expecting snow and bad weather stay warm and safe. We have had a break in the rain we were getting but it might return later this week. I need to read through some resumes today and I have a few meetings but it's the calm few days before we ramp up for payroll again. I'm also continuing to learn new stuff which is good!

QOTD: Oh we did those Valentine grams too. Some people go sooo many. I've never really made a big deal about Valentine's Day. I do remember in 6th grade I got a huge balloon bouquet delivered at school and I thought that was the best day ever.

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: I'm thinking hitting the taco truck for some tacos

S: Good Spoon cereal, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD depending on if I have tacos at lunch

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 2/13/24 5:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks. I have been busy on the work front as well as my personal life. I believe I have mentioned previously that my Dad has Parkinsons Disease, he had several falls over the last month and was admitted to the VA Hospital at Lake Nona near Orlando last Tuesday. It has been difficult trying to manage from afar. After a week of testing his issues are related to stinosis and not Parkinsons, so that is a relief. His pain is manageable and the hope that with a short stint in rehab he will be back to moving again. He needs to go to a rehab facility for two weeks and the facility is 6 miles from their home, dad will be moved today. Ryley will be going to visit this Friday to next, so that will be comforting for Mom and dad. Joddie and I just booked a trip in March and we are going to surprise them. Dad is 100% service related disabled and I have to say he gets wonderful care.

Work front, I received a promotion, now Director of Materials Management with Planning and Purchasing reporting to me.

QOTD - I think elementary school, what a big deal it was to get the simple valentines notes.....LOL...do they still have them?

B- Protein Bar

S - berries and yogurt

L - turkey/cheese wrap

S - almonds

D - tacos

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Mkess
on 2/13/24 5:44 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Tuesday, you turkeys,

I made my grandma's chicken soup yesterday. A friend is prepping for a colonoscopy and is having a hard time so I told her I'd make her soup. I'm happy with the results of this labor of love.

QOTD- My most memorable V-Days were not with a significant other but rather a good friend. Her and I spent multiple Valentine's Days together in our 20s when we didn't have significant others. We used to 'treat yo self' and it was one of the best days of the year.

B: 1/2 bagel, lox, tangerine

L: Chicken soup and salad.

D: Carnitas and prime rib taco in a bowl.

S: serving of popcorn.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 2/13/24 5:35 am - Warren, OH

I loved Valentine's day and decorating a shoebox with red paper and lace doilies for my Valentine mailbox. I think I was in fourth or fifth grade when a black family moved to our all white neighborhood. Back then there were rules that real estate could not sell to blacks in certain areas. And they changed the line for part of our neighborhood and sold a house to a black family.

They had a lovely daughter who was a year younger than I was. On Valentine's day only one person bought her a valentine. I heard about it and felt so sorry for the girl and never enjoyed Valentine's Day at school again.

In the 1970's I belonged to a tennis and swim club that was all white. I worked with a black man who told me that the NAACP had come to his home and offered to pay for his membership at that club if he would join it. He said he was not going to put his family through that. Now there are plenty of black members there because people kids have married into different races and you can't ban their grandchildren.

Valentine's Day brings back some good and bad memories. I remember lovely dates and also seeing the hurt of people who were excluded. One memory that comes back is my husband buying me a box of candy and then saying I should give it to other people because I did not need to eat candy at my weight. Although he may have meant well he always wanted me to lose weight and that hurt.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 2/13/24 5:15 am, edited 2/12/24 9:16 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is ME! Enjoy your snow day hunkering down! Yesterday was a lovely, my son ended up coming over again to hang out which was nice. I didn't get to organize my closets though and it's now driving me crazy. It's a project, so it will have to to wait until next weekend, also a 3 day - so no excuses. At work I have a deadline for EOD Thursday that I need to focus on. It's multi - month project and I still have quite a bit to do. It'll be a door closed kind of day. I have work errands today too, damn.

QOTD - I think those flower and candy cane fundraisers (popularity contests) are terrible for 90% of the student pop and that breaks my heart. When I was a little kid, our Valentines didn't have to be for everyone, just whoever you wanted. Some students got 2 and some got 20 - another popularity contest. I can still picture this little girl crying because of some candy I got from a boy in our class that she didn't, so I gave it to her and all the kids got mad at me - 2nd graders - I didn't understand. My years spent w/Ben and Jerry were my most memorable! Kidding/not kidding. I have it in my head that Valentines Day is just another day, probably due to being single on Valentines Day for so many years though I never let it bother me. I also don't think of it as a romantic day, which is sad. Rob brings me flowers, I give him candy. It's very sweet and that is enough.

Accountability - meh... I switched things around yesterday and ended up going over on calories by almost 300! 184.8 today. Glad for the structured work week to center.

B- coffee x 3, L&F yogurt, protein cereal, raspberries

l - chipotle

d- smash burger, big mac style

s - jerky

836/83

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 2/13/24 5:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

I wouldn't pay $7000 to see some football game even now, when I can actually afford it! What a huge waste of a ton of money. Unbelievable.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 2/13/24 5:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's such a cool pattern. I can't imagine having that much patience.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/13/24 4:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hey - some of us loved V-Day in elementary school! We didn't have any requirements on who to bring V-Day cards to, though - although I did one for everyone in the class, boys and girls.

catwoman7
on 2/13/24 4:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had to go over to MIL's apt last night for some reason that is escaping me this morning, but while there, we finished up with packing everything and bringing it home. Well, except for the TV/DVD player and computer. We may still need internet over there and we might as well enjoy the cable TV while we're paying for it (we paid for it through the month of February, since we need internet access while we're there). I haven't had cable in probably 30 years, and it's a treat to have CNN on while we're over there working. The movers are coming Friday afternoon and will move the TV stand (among other things), so we'll bring the TV over to our house then, too. And the desk that the computer is on will be moved over here as well, so I guess we'll be taking the computer down on Friday, too. Anyway, we're almost there!!

I'm planning to go to water aerobics this morning for the first time in ages. Looking forward to getting back to a routine. I have class this afternoon, so I'll do some walking to and from a distant bus stop. And I have another film discussion group today over lunch. I need to just get a bowl of soup because I really overdid it yesterday (thanks to the person who brought cookies to the film group that met yesterday. UGH!!). Feeling it this morning.

QOTD: I just remember being really excited about Valentine's Day when I was in elementary school. We'd make these fancy Valentine's boxes a few days before and then everyone would bring valentines cards on the day of and distribute them to everyone else's boxes. Other than the first and last day of school, Valentines day was my favorite day! I don't remember any particularly memorable Valentine's Days after that, although I'm sure I did stuff with former boyfriends and DH (although that would have been a few years ago!)

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt with fruit

protein shake

the soup today at the restaurant is sweet potato/wild rice, so I'll get a bowl of that

Ratio yogurt

the 1/2 veggie burger I planned on last night but never got around to (since I ate too much before that and just had a L&F yogurt for dinner)

have a great day, everyone!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/13/24 4:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all, and happy snow day. It looks like I'm just hanging around, waiting for the right window to go out and shovel.

QOTD: Yeesh. In grade school we were required to bring in a valentine's card for all the girls in the class, and vice versa. Who the hell came up with that, anyway? Good God. We made no plans this year. JB is off early tomorrow to take her mother for her eye surgery. The plan has changed several times. Originally it was a later appointment and she was staying over. So there may be no plan at all.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views