BluIzGal’s Posts

BluIzGal
on 8/8/12 10:11 am
Topic: RE: Four weeks post-op - how many calories?
For some reason the search feature isn't working for me (I use my phone - I have no computer). I know the dietitian has recommended 60 g of protein - which I'm no where near... Just wondering how many calories you consumed one month post op (starting soft foods tomorrow), if you infact counted calories.

Thanks!

BluIzGal
on 8/1/12 12:51 pm, edited 8/1/12 12:51 pm
Topic: RE: Does IBS go away or make it worse
I have...or should I say had it. I'm three weeks post op and so far so good. I used to be in the washroom 5+ times a day (yeah, TMI) and now the opposite. I originally wanted VSG but my surgeon assured me that IBS involved the colon and not the intestines. As a result, my provincial health care wouldn't cover it. I chalk it up to a change in my diet. We'll see how that changes as my diet increases.

BluIzGal
on 8/1/12 11:14 am
Topic: RE: Calorie Free Walden Farms
The marshmallow type thing and apple butter went in the garbage. The chocolate sauce and BBQ sauces weren't bad. The BBQ sauces were on the runny side but good for dipping.

BluIzGal
on 7/28/12 12:19 pm
Topic: RE: did you feel like eating after surgery?
I am 2-1/2 weeks out and have no desire to eat. The most protein I've taken in is 36g. If I don't log what/when I eat I forget. One day I forgot and only ate a 35 cal yogurt.

BluIzGal
on 6/11/12 7:13 am
Topic: RE: Great Tool to Stay Motivated and on Track! (PIC)
I did the same thing. Definately a motivating tool. I'm starting my preop Optifast shakes next week for my upcoming surgery. So excited to finally move those marbles. Congrats to you!

BluIzGal
on 5/13/12 10:27 pm
Topic: RE: Bikram Yoga
I am pre op and haven't done Bikrim in a year. I stopped because of a pre-existing back issue that was bothering me too much. I hope to start back up after surgery I absolutely loved it but have nothing to compare it to since its the only yoga i have done.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 294 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?