Brandi Girl’s Posts

Brandi Girl
on 4/14/21 4:31 pm
Topic: RE: Colon cleanse procedure

I'm just curious if it will be required for me to do before my RNY. Some people say their doctors required it so they would be 'emptied' out for the procedure.

Brandi Girl
on 4/14/21 3:58 pm
Topic: RE: Colon cleanse procedure

Can I ask if anyone or everyone was required to do a colon cleanse similar to what you do for a colonoscopy? Thank you.

Brandi Girl
on 4/7/21 11:29 am
Topic: RE: Pain after eating

I am so sorry you had to go through all this! But you are very lucky they did find what your issue was! I had/have been dealing with pain as well and was in the hospital for 3 days worth of testing (an EKG, ultra sound of stomach and an endoscopy). Then I was discharged and told it was GERD. It very well may be all from GERD, but I do worry something may have been missed and they just treated the first 'positive' thing they came across.

Brandi Girl
on 4/3/21 7:44 am
Topic: RE: Anti-inflammatory meds

So there is nothing we can take for inflammation? Joint pain?

Brandi Girl
on 4/3/21 6:03 am
Topic: RE: Anti-inflammatory meds

Hello,

What type of anti inflammatory over the counter med's can I take after I get RNY? Tylenol just won't cut my pain and does nothing for inflamation.

Thank you!

Brandi Girl
on 3/29/21 6:43 am
Topic: RE: Conversion not revision?

Thank you for replying. My first surgery was Gastric Plication (where they fold the stomach and sew it to make it smaller). It was in 2011 and very new surgery at the time I was told. I lost all the weight and kept it off for about 8 years. After about the second year though I would say my 'tool' got little to no credit, it was pretty much just me doing all the work. Normal from what I heard. But for the past 2 plus years I have not been doing my part for sure but since I have zero restrictions I am not able to do the work completely on my own anymore. It's just like before I had my original surgery! Is it possible to lose with out a revision? YES of course. But NONE of us were able to at that time or we would not be part of this group correct? I'm embarrassed and disappointed in myself to say the least. But I have NO doubt if given a second chance I will not fail. Thank you again for responding! Any and all support is appreciated and needed.

Brandi Girl
on 3/26/21 12:32 pm

Thank you so much for the information! As I said I am just now learning about RNY and did not know about the malabsorption portion of it! One thing I did and do not understand is why it is said that surgery alone only works once in a lifetime? With my original surgery I felt I had to work for every pound I lost after my stomach healed. I am prepared for that to be the same in this case as well. I am just hoping for some feeling of restriction from my new pouch

Brandi Girl
on 3/26/21 6:40 am

Hello.

My doctor is in the process of getting me approved to have a conversion surgery. He says it will be sent to the insurance company as a conversion not a revision. I have never really looked into the RNY surgery because back when I had my original surgery I knew that was not the type I was getting so didn't bother to look into it. Now of course I want to learn as much as possible!

I keep reading on here how people can not expect to lose the amount of weight with a second surgery as they did with their first. I had lost all the weight I needed and wanted to with my original surgery but in the last couple years have gained every pound of it back! I desperately want to lose it again and will do everything within my power to I just need the help of having some restriction which I no longer have.

If anyone has any tips, advise or information they could share with me about what to expect and how to best deal with what I will be in store for I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Brandi Girl
on 4/5/19 5:09 am
Topic: RE: Plastics

Thank you for your response! I have my first consult on Tuesday and hope to get as much info from him as possible! I pretty much have come to feel I need to be closer to my goal weight to get the results I will be happy with.

I appreciate any and all input I can get from others who have been through this already!! So thank you again!

Brandi Girl
on 4/4/19 6:17 am

I ABSOLUTELY agree it is already an incentive to reach and maintain goal!!! And will probably wait until I have reached and held goal weight for several months before I get the surgery. But my impatient mind would just love to think having the surgery at this point would make losing easier on me mentally as I get some IMMEDIATE results.

Thank you for your comments it always helps to hear others thoughts and experiences on matters this important!

Brandi Girl
on 4/4/19 6:13 am

Thank you for your comments!! I do think and plan on asking all the doctors I speak with about this will probably agree waiting until reaching and maintaining goal will be best. I just see many people on this forum who decide to get these surgeries ahead of time and it makes me wonder if I'm worrying too much.

Brandi Girl
on 4/4/19 4:49 am

I will also post this question on the plastic's forum but this one has so much more traffic I was hoping some of you would be willing to share your experience/knowledge with me.

I am looking to get a breast lift with augmentation in Michigan. Fist any Michigan people who can suggest who to go to or NOT go to would be GREATLY appreciated!

My real question is what are others experiences with getting these procedures done when they are still about 30 pounds from goal weight? My surgery was over 7 years ago and I do have some regain. Not only is the surgery needed to look the way I want I am hoping it could be used as motivation to get me back on track. I am just not sure if I will get the results I want if I am still over weight when I get the surgery? I do not want to put this type of money investment into the surgery and not be happy with results. At the same time, I am certain having the surgery will be a huge motivation for me to continue on track ( as I have already started losing since having decided to get this surgery finally). Any experience on this would again be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you!

Brandi Girl
on 1/24/19 5:38 am
Topic: RE: 14 Years Post Op...regained 65#...forgot how to eat, help me get back on track!

Following! I have had a regain of #35 pounds after 7 years :(

Brandi Girl
on 8/12/18 4:10 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Wednesday Menu RNY?ers?

Just a thought, if I eat something with more sodium than on a typical day for me the scale will read about 4 pounds of a gain. But luckily it goes away after about 2 days. Hope it is something as simple as that in your case!

Brandi Girl
on 8/6/18 4:24 am
Topic: RE: Goodbye RNY Menu Thread!

You and the fantastic job you have done are irreplaceable!! But I do hope the thread continues! I read it very often but seldom post. I find it a great help during times of struggle and times I feel strong both! I wish you happiness and strength in what is before you! We are all here for you and many because of you

Brandi Girl
on 8/5/18 7:03 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Welcome!

Brandi Girl
on 8/5/18 7:01 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu RNYers?

So sorry to hear about your brother! What a shock it must have been for his fiance' and your whole family as well. Hoping he comes through this all fine.

Brandi Girl
on 8/3/18 4:46 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Thank you so much for your input! Our plan is to just stay at the resort. Seems to be plenty things to do there and we are pretty much just looking to relax more than seek any real adventures. lol And I think from what you have said and a few reviews I have read is it is best to stay near pools, ocean or air conditioned room

Brandi Girl
on 8/2/18 3:27 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Which resort did you go too? My husband and I leave on the 20th for Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya! It will be our first time to Mexico and I am a very nervous traveler so would LOVE any advice or tips you may have :)

Brandi Girl
on 4/20/17 3:48 pm
Brandi Girl
on 3/2/17 4:55 am
Topic: RE: Liver-shrinkage diet

Mine was 2 weeks of liquids only. Protein shakes and broth mostly. It was super hard but I think helped by getting me use to liquids only for after surgery! You can do it!! Just keep your eye on the 'prize'.

Brandi Girl
on 2/28/17 5:10 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Tuesday), RNYers?

Good Morning. Joke of the day: How do you make a Kleenex dance? Put a little boogie in it. 

Yesterday's menu: B: coffee L: cottage cheese and sf jam D: baked chicken thigh's and veg's

Need to cut back on my fat. I know many do higher fats but for me and my plan it needs to be lower :(

Brandi Girl
on 2/27/17 4:55 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today ( Monday) RNYers?

Good Morning all. Busy day yesterday but a nice one. QOTD: I do have very close to my dream job right now. Although there are things about it (mostly co-worker issue's) that I would like to change. All in all, can't complain. Next great job I'm looking forward to is RETIREMENT!!!  Busy morning so have to go for now. Best of luck and enjoy the day everyone!

Brandi Girl
on 2/25/17 4:40 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. Warmer than I thought it would be yesterday and ended up having wonderful sounding thunderstorms!! I LOVE them, my poor dog, not so much. As far as protein shakes go, I only have really eaten one. It is unflavored protein from GNC mixed with sugar free Carnation breakfast drink. Not great but I can handle it and it isn't so bad since it is really cold. 

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: chili D: Michigan chicken salad and one slice of home made bread with whipped butter (it was my anniversary dinner so NO regrets-well ok regrets but worth it ;). haha

Brandi Girl
on 2/24/17 4:45 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. Very cute picture and top you have JB. Looks like the rain and snow is going to be back starting today. Well it was nice to have sun and warm while it lasted!! Only new words I seem to learn anymore are veterinary medical procedure terms, so nothing much interesting to others. 

Yesterday's menu ended up like this: B: coffee beef stick with babybell cheese  L: beef jerky D: egg drop soup and one egg roll

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?