DEBGG’s Posts

DEBGG
on 12/2/20 10:14 am
Topic: RE: Weight gain

I'm 5 yrs out and gained 40lbs. I don't know what to do

DEBGG
on 12/2/20 10:13 am
Topic: RE: Weight gain

I am 5 yrs out and I have gained back 40lbs. The quarantine had a lot to do with it. My diabetes is back-I just got the call from my doctor. I don't know what to do? Liquid diet again?

DEBGG
on 12/2/20 10:10 am
Topic: RE: Help! I can?t get the weight off!

I am 5 yrs out from gastric bypass. My diabetes is back ? I walk about 1 mile a day. I honestly don't eat that much but I know I'm eating the wrong things. My husband and son are here and I cook for them or they cook for all of us.
it's so hard! Do I begin with a pouch reset? Liquids for 2 weeks again? Does that really work?
please help!! I'm so sad

DEBGG
on 12/11/16 5:39 am
Topic: RE: Dehydrated?

I have the feeling of being "full" a lot. Since posting this I've been drinking around 50grams of protein, eating more protein foods (chicken-cheese) and I'm starting to feel better. Not 100% yet but much better than I was a few days ago. Now if I can get the dog to quit waking me up every 3 hrs to go outside :/

Thank you all for the help! Going for my fasting blood work in the morning!!

DEBGG
on 12/10/16 1:39 am

I have the order but it's for fasting blood work and working 56 hrs a week I'm finding it very hard to get it done. I KNOW I NEED TO ASAP! 

DEBGG
on 12/9/16 2:46 pm

I had my RNY on 2/24/16. I'm currently not getting ALL the protein I should be, I eat a few times a day and drink around 4 16.9oz bottles of water but I still feel crappy. I take all the recommended vitamins daily but I'm so so tired and my body just aches. Could I be dehydrated? I feel like it's either eat or drink...i feel full all the time ?

DEBGG
on 10/16/16 7:32 am
Topic: RE: Burning feeling, dizziness etc..

Yes I have an appt with my surgeon. Until I see him I am on liquid/soft diet again. I'm taking my vitamins and omeprazole. My stools is not a constant blackish color it has happened twice in the past few weeks, I am back on my protein drinks (since I'm on liquid diet) and I'm thinking g that's why they are so dark. I see the surgeon this week

DEBGG
on 10/16/16 12:07 am
Topic: RE: Burning feeling, dizziness etc..

A few weeks ago I just started to not feel very well as time went on I noticed a burning sensation in my stomach some mild diarrhea that was dark color almost black headache dizziness and if I eat a cracker or something the burning sensation will go away . has anyone been through this I'm hoping it's not an ulcer

DEBGG
on 5/14/16 6:01 pm
Topic: RE: Liquid diet, so hungry

I am 10 weeks out and said the exact same thing on here when I was on my liquid diet. Someone on here said this to me and I live by it everyday. "Don't give up before the miracle". What you are going through now is the hardest of this entire transition. It's an amazing feeling once you've had the surgery! Stick with it! You can do it!!!

DEBGG
on 5/13/16 4:28 pm
Topic: RE: Any ideas??

I did pretty good today I think. I've had about 63 grams of protein. Any idea how long until I start feeling better? 

DEBGG
on 5/13/16 11:34 am

I'm trying. I'm only eating soup once a day right now, and that's hard to get down. I am just not hungry :(

i just made a protein shake and the first sip was hard to get down. I will get it though!!! Thanks for the help so far, I hope I start feeling better-I start a new job this Sunday-eek!

DEBGG
on 5/13/16 11:31 am
Topic: RE: Vitamins

I have found that Walmart is the cheapest. I'm not sure if you have a Kroger (or affiliation) where you live, but sometimes they do BOGO free and their is a larger quantity. Before I had my surgery 10 weeks ago, I got all my vitamins and protein powder off eBay. Hope that helps :) 

DEBGG
on 5/13/16 7:57 am

hello everyone!!! I had my surgery on Feb 24, 2016. I'm down 56lbs and for the past week I've been extremely tired! I don't want to do anything :(. I've been really busy everyday since I got cleared from my surgeon but all of a sudden I feel run down. I'm taking all my vitamins but I'll admit...I'm not getting all my protein, the reason? I'm just not hungry-I can't get it in. Any ideas why I'm starting to feel like this? Is it due to not enough protein? Please help 

DEBGG
on 4/22/16 5:56 pm
Topic: RE: Loose skin on neck?

Per livestrong.com, you have to keep any place you want "tightened" hydrated. Lots of lotion! Every morning and night. I've been doing that on my neck and belly and it is helping a lot!

DEBGG
on 4/10/16 11:47 pm
Topic: RE: What things did you need/would have been helpful immediately post op?

Help! My family was with me in the hospital and after I came home. Also a lot of different flavor a of protein and lots of bottles of water. And comfy looks fitting clothes 

DEBGG
on 3/25/16 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: Vomiting

I was at my surgeons yesterday. He said take small bites and chew. I know some of it is my fault, too big of bites or not chewing enough. It doesn't happen every time I eat-so I am getting some food in. My surgeon released me to eat anything. I was surprised at that but I'm still going to take it slow :). On a better note...I'm off the insulin pump!! Woo hoo!!! 

Thank you all for your help! I'm going to slow down and see if it gets better 

DEBGG
on 3/25/16 8:22 am
Topic: RE: Vomiting

im 4 weeks post op and for the last 3 days, anytime I eat food, i end up vomiting. I know a few times I've eaten too much or too big of bites, but I'm wondering if maybe my connection is swollen now? I'm not sure what to do. Any thought would be helpful 

DEBGG
on 3/20/16 9:56 pm
Topic: RE: I am NEW to this site

welcome! This site is wonderful. I am 4 weeks RNY post op and am feeling great. The hard work is worth it! Try and stay away from sugar and carbs and at about 800 cal. And exercise, even if you do it from a chair.. the pounds will melt off! Good luck! Don't give up before the miracle!!!

DEBGG
on 3/16/16 11:19 pm
Topic: RE: Pain for weeks after surgery..

I am 3 weeks post op and also have pain on my left side. 1 mth check up next week. I'm not worried, I know they did ALOT of messing around in there and it was a major surgery, pain is to be expected a month later.

DEBGG
on 3/8/16 11:09 pm
Topic: RE: What a week!

That's amazing! So glad your ok. Hopefully your able to get some protein in. I also went on ebay and found vitamin patches, they are helping me alot since it's hard for me to swallow so many pills every morning. Hopefully you can find some too! that may help with your energy.

Remember, take it day by day!!! That's the best advice a fellow RNYer gave me and I follow it everyday. Good luck!!!

DEBGG
on 3/4/16 4:51 pm
Topic: RE: Is nasty smelling gas as nd BM normal?

What carbs are considered simple carbs?

DEBGG
on 3/3/16 7:42 pm
Topic: RE: Is nasty smelling gas as nd BM normal?

I'm talking smelly!! Is it normal for it to smell So bad?

DEBGG
on 3/3/16 7:33 pm
Topic: RE: Phase 2 to pureed ?

I am 8 days post op, and today started the puree phase. It's going great and I'm feeling better getting some food in me, but my daughter thinks it's too early. What you think?

DEBGG
on 3/2/16 4:35 am
Topic: RE: 1 week post op

Thanks Karen. So far I'm hanging in there I think it's a boredom thing. I find something to do and that will take my mind off it for a while. Thanks again!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 247 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics