Sunny2018’s Posts

Sunny2018
on 7/11/20 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Anyone gained after reaching goal and successfully get back to goal?

Goal weight was 160, then I made it 155 but I looked so drawn and not well at that weight, so back to 159 (so I was at least under 160 as the number seems to bother me). I reached goal in 12 months, I"m sure I would have kept losing if I wanted to;

I know what I did wrong - I was to introduce foods I had avoided to see how I would react - when I found out so much was fine for me, I over indulged in carbs, sugar (not fried food - that is pretty much off the table for me, which is a very good thing).

I also began eating un planned snacks, grazing, which is completely what I know I should not do and have now stopped.

I track everything, and usually plan my food for the day ahead - so no nibbling, or grazing is allowed.

I've also added Weigh****chers to follow, as it really has some great support on line now - loving the virtual meetings, and so easy to adapt recipes to have high protein when needed.

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 7/11/20 10:23 am

Thank you Denise - yes, I'm right back to bariatric diet, very limited carbs - high protein (80+ gr per day) and low calorie (850) - I've kicked up my walking to do 5 - 10 KM 4-5 days per week - hoping to see scale move

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 7/8/20 6:17 am

Thank you for response.

I like the idea of getting back in touch with Bariatric Team - maybe a few refreshers will help too.

Working on being in the now, not looking back to feel bad and not too much forward as it seems like so much to loose again - 1 pound at a time for me!

Have a great week!

S,

Sunny2018
on 7/8/20 6:13 am

Thanks for response - I think I started to add too much too fast after reaching goal (wanted to see what food would not agree with me, and took it too far!)

Back to basics to get under control, then learn from this weight gain!

S

Sunny2018
on 7/7/20 4:58 pm

Hello All.

I reached goal in October 2019 (1 year post surgery), and maintained for 4 months. Then slowly regained 10 pounds before Covid hit and working from home resulted in falling completely off program and gaining another 20 pounds!

I'm currently reviewing my Bariatric binder, to make sure I return to the basic program. I would love to be back at goal by October 2020 (I figure 4 months seems reasonable, although I am hoping I reach before then!)

Any words of advice, or tips to get myself out of feeling sorry and mad at myself??

Sunny2018
on 11/25/18 2:32 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu?

Still figuring out what I can eat, trying new things.

B: 1 Ezekiel Bread with 1 poached egg

S: 1 Protein shake

L: 1/2 c homemade stew

S: 1 Protein shake

D:1/2 c homemade chilli

S: 2 soda crackers with 2 tsp peanut butter (recommended by nurse/dietician before bed, as I was waking up dizzy and nauseous - sugar levels out of wack - was originally having protein shake in evening, but they said to change that around)

Biggest change: now I love to brush and floss my teeth right before bed (old habit: chips and chocolate bar as reward for getting through the day - and then just falling asleep - so gross!)

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sunny from Canada! (well currently cloudy and drizzling, but hey it could be the white stuff -again!)

Sunny2018
on 11/7/18 7:02 am
Topic: RE: When did anyone start going to gym to tone and work on muscle?

Thanks for the info. Really helps me start to plan!

Enjoy your new body!

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 11/6/18 10:44 am

Thanks for response. Congrats on doing so well!! Yes, I do need to listen to my body- just did a 1/2 hr walk and a little tired out. Still find I need an afternoon nap- so glad my Dr approved 4-5 weeks off work, really lets me focus on myself when boys at school. I will aim for the New Year, maybe end of Feb when the new year resolution gym people have already stopped going and not so busy- lol, that was me pre surgery.

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 11/5/18 5:12 pm

I am 2 weeks post op but trying to plan joining a gym near by when I'm ready to get a plan in place with personal trainer and work on my muscles. I'm not worried about cardio as I always loved to walk and have a treadmill that will be perfect as the snow flies this winter (maybe I will switch up with some water aerobics to be gentle on my joints).

For those who are "pumping some iron" when did you start? I know I will still have some kind of bingo wave below, but that's no reason not to get some definition above.

Curious to see what the responses are.

Thanks! Sunny

Sunny2018
on 10/10/18 4:53 pm
Topic: RE: Started Optifast today- surgery in 2 weeks - nervous!

Thanks, will check out the daily menu thread - it amazing what looks good after 3 days on Optifast!

Best to you too!

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 10/10/18 4:52 pm

Thanks - yes, I do! and will. Getting excited for surgery on Oct 22.

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 10/10/18 4:47 pm

Thanks so much for your reply - it really helps! Just enjoyed 1 cup of chicken broth this evening - wow, that was good. Even the Optifast tasting better.

Still have to make my boys dinner - noticed I almost twice sampled how the seasoning was, as I would have before - quickly got a piece of gum and voila - no more changes of that!

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 10/8/18 11:26 am
Topic: RE: Pre-op Liquid Diet

Hello Jeanie - I just started my Optifast pre op diet today - yes, it sure is no joke! I have similar weight lose to do - I'm at 300 (never thought I would get that big, ever!) and goal is 160. My surgery is on Oct 22 - nervous, but so ready and need to make a change in my diet and lifestyle.

Good luck!

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 10/8/18 11:17 am

Hello All.

Just started Optifast today - surgery is in 2 weeks. Had a black coffee and just made sugar free jello. I'm thinking the 1 cup of broth I am allowed is going to be something to look forward to soon. Excited but in the addicted to food stage, where I am starting to feel some withdrawal mood swings already - hoping the black coffee will help me.

Any words of advice, inspiration? I know I will do this and will be so happy after getting through the tough stages of optifast, and surgery!

Thanks!

Sunny (Oct 22 2018 surgery date)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?