dcbrown3’s Posts

dcbrown3
on 9/18/20 4:18 am
Topic: RE: Right choice?

I'm 12 weeks post op and at the moment I'm off all diabetes meds and down to 1 one bp med from 3. Some of my dr's actually said I don't need the bp med that I'm left on, but my pcp insists as a preventative and the other dr's said it won't hurt, so to stay on it for now. My surgeon explained with my health issues and the way I gained weight that rny was my best option. I'm pleased with my decision. At first I didn't want people in my business or knowing about my surgery, because some closest to me weren't supportive. But, I had a close friend who said to me you don't care what people think about you in other instances why now? So, I'm being completely open now about my surgery and journey and started a facebook page to hopefully get info out there and show support people that may be thinking about it, but hear all the comments I did.

dcbrown3
on 8/24/20 7:33 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Do you have a recipe for the blueberry/lemon pie or the cheesecake?

dcbrown3
on 8/10/20 7:47 am
Topic: RE: Accepting compliments

Thank you for that piece of advice. I'll make sure to start working on that!

dcbrown3
on 8/6/20 8:17 am
Topic: RE: When can I drink Coffee.

Has your program given you on a guideline on it? Just asking, because on my program I've been allowed to have decaf coffee during the entire process. Now regular coffee is a different story, I'll eventually be allowed 1 cup a day, not sure how soon though.

dcbrown3
on 8/5/20 11:18 am

Yeah I've been overweight basically my entire life. I'm sure that will be an odd feeling when that occurs with strangers.

dcbrown3
on 8/5/20 11:17 am

Thank you for the advice!

I will definitely have to take a set of pictures without my head in the picture!

dcbrown3
on 8/5/20 11:16 am

Thank you for the encouragement and advice! I'm ahead of their projections and the doctor's said my recovery has been as smooth as you could ask for. I can't wait till Monday to get back into the gym and back into a normal routine.

I was upfront at work with the people I'm close with or that I've known have had the surgery. Quite a few here have had it and most have had success. But, people here like to pry. And the constant i'm hearing since I've come back is my process is being compared to a coworker. Her recovery was rough and after going through the same program, I see she isn't following what we were taught. Which that's on her and I don't let it get to me. It did cause some tension between us when I first came back to work I was only out just over 2 weeks and she was out over 8. I know she hears what people are saying, because most are from her department. I tell them now that every recovery is different and it isn't fair to her or myself. I do get frustrated that she blames the doctors and procedure's for her lack of success when I see a glimpse at work of how's she's eating.

I've been taking weekly pictures, but for some reason I'm not noticing it too much. I think partly, because I see how far I have to go rather than how far I've come.

dcbrown3
on 8/5/20 5:21 am

I'm 5 weeks post surgery and everything is going great. The hardest part has been accepting compliments. Part of it, I think is, is because even though the scale is moving, inches are going down and I can notice progress in photos. I still see myself as the same person. I'm not used to the compliments for my weight and I'm used to when people talk about my weight it was usually bullying. I know the few people are sincere when they tell me I'm looking good and getting skinnier. It seems harder to take from people I'm not close too.

dcbrown3
on 8/3/20 8:34 am
Topic: RE: Looking for an inexpensive multivitamin. Can?t find my Centrum chewable anywhere

The doctor's in charge of my program recommend the flintstone's chewable vitamins. When my mom had cancer the surgeon she had for that also told her to take the flintstone's.

dcbrown3
on 7/22/20 11:32 am
Topic: RE: Tips for recovery

I'm 3 weeks removed from surgery. They said my recovery went great. I'm on soft proteins now like moist chicken, eggs, ricotta and cottage cheese. Everything is going well, there are some days were things just seem to not sit quite right. I've been hitting my fluid goal most days, but if there is a day i'm short I make sure to make up for it the next.

The hardest thing right now is the being patient. I've been following their orders, it's just without any pain or issues during recovery I feel myself some days thinking i should be further ahead. And then I have friends remind me that I've had major surgery less than a month ago and need to be patient with myself. I've never been a patient person so this is the hardest part.

I will have to remember to take notes like that!

dcbrown3
on 6/27/20 3:51 am

Thank you! I did get a longer charger cord for my phone. I'll have to remember to pick up some chapstick.

dcbrown3
on 6/25/20 9:20 am

They did give me a plan and list of instructions in the program booklet they give us.

dcbrown3
on 6/25/20 9:09 am

Thank you!

I was looking at some compression tops for men yesterday, I have them saved in my cart and was going to order 2 when I get paid tonight. My doctor has given me a list of things I need to do. I have to drink 64oz of fluid not including protein shakes. I have to get 60-80gm of protein in a day. Planning to stock up some broth and jello this weekend. They said to try and start with 3x 10-15 minute walks a day and add more as I can tolerate.

dcbrown3
on 6/25/20 4:24 am

I'm having surgery this Monday and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice that they found helpful during recovery?

dcbrown3
on 6/22/20 4:13 am
Topic: RE: Surgery moved up

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it! Just have to get through this work week.

dcbrown3
on 6/19/20 12:58 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery moved up

My doctor's office called me this morning and asked me to move my surgery date up. So, 10 days from now I'll be getting surgery. I'm not worried, but a little bit of anxiousness is now setting in.

dcbrown3
on 6/9/20 4:25 am
Topic: RE: Depression after surgery

I don't have depression, so I can't help in that aspect. But, I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon and seeing if they recommend someone. The program that my hospital runs, part of the pre surgery process is we have to meet with a psychologist that works along side the surgery team and have their approval before we're allowed to proceed with surgery. I only needed the one appointment with her since this isn't an issue for me, but with people that need it, she's there as a continual resource. So, I would recommend asking your surgeon or nutrition team if you have one.

dcbrown3
on 5/22/20 11:01 am
Topic: RE: Officially have surgery scheduled!!!

I just got done meeting with the surgeon and every thing is good to go! He forgot got the exact date, I have to call back Tuesday, but he assured me that it will either be 7/2 or 7/6!

dcbrown3
on 5/15/20 8:01 am
dcbrown3
on 5/15/20 8:01 am
dcbrown3
on 5/14/20 10:14 am
Topic: RE: One step closer!

It its, thank you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?