nyfamilyfarm’s Posts

nyfamilyfarm
on 9/16/20 5:02 am
Topic: RE: Stomach bruising and weight gain from surgery

Thank you so much for your response honestly. Yesterday was just a difficult day for maybe the hormones and difficulties keeping up with my work and the pain. Today I am feeling much better emotionally and rational again. I am now losing about a lb a day. I will be happy if I can even hit a real loss of 5 lbs in the next weeks then just rolling with life. I have heard the majority of people are similar to you in being able to be back to normal within the week.

It only got a little raw yesterday :-). My suture is still opening and I have to put dressing with some kind of septic every day and it still is not closed but the Dr looked at it a few days ago and said it seemed to be doing well. He's having me only do the minimal walking right now for that (it's on my lower right quadrant and the largest lesion I have). If I can start being more normal and real exercise next week, I can be even happier! Usually, I am the nut that has halloween stuff out by now in the neighborhood but now I'm just putting up a bit here and there; whatever I can do without being winded and stretched :-). Just waiting for normal again.

nyfamilyfarm
on 9/15/20 4:21 pm
Topic: RE: How long did your surgery take (RNY) ?

I started processing yesterday but it's still pretty difficult. I have two different types of nausea as the Zofran just wasn't doing much and they wanted to get the vomiting stopped. I can get down about 2 oz twice a day for now but sugar free popsicles are my lifesaver. I can now get down one atkins shake slowly and I add genepro to a 32 oz glass of water-makes 30 p for that. I am adding now around 450 calories but up until yesterday was realistically at around 120 or so.

I see my surgeon and nutritionist tomorrow-hopefully they can let me understand how much more the bloating and swelling will go. I can update after that as well.

nyfamilyfarm
on 9/15/20 3:23 pm
Topic: RE: How long did your surgery take (RNY) ?

Mine did have a few complications but it took about 3 and a half hours. I was in the hospital for 6 days. I wasn't able to walk the first couple of days as I was passing out and throwing up even water. Mine was a little bit more difficult in that week. I wasn't allowed any pain killers, only nausea and tylenol. They said it seemed to be from a sensitivity to the anasthesia.

Now two weeks post-op.

nyfamilyfarm
on 9/15/20 3:21 pm
Topic: RE: Stomach bruising and weight gain from surgery

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but hoping for any other experience. I started the program in Jan at 296 lbs of this year. While on the 6 months waiting, I lost another 40 ish lbs. My surgery weigh in on the day of surgery was 244 lbs. There were some minor complications and my stomach was hard and black literally on every spot. I also fell, re-opened a suture on the second day because of apparent sensitivity to the anesthesia. The dry vomiting didn't help. The day that I left the hospital, my stomach was swollen, hard and I looked very pregnant. I had to stay in for 6 days and on my release day, I weighed 263 lbs.

The Dr said this was normal and it looked fine but that really worried me. I am now 2 weeks out and have an appt tomorrow. My scale says 243 now. I am very confused. I did lose that 19 lbs to get back to pretty much the weigh-in at surgery weight. This is worrying to me. Technically I don't feel like I've lost all that much. Is this normal to any others? Can I expect this to ease? I've been hitting a bit of depression today and keeping some pain so it's a good time to see the Dr tomorrow but they are always so vague with their answers when I ask.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views