tambra.goode’s Posts

tambra.goode
on 10/27/21 7:17 pm
Topic: RE: vitamins

I just noticed my multi vitamin bottle said take 2. Does that mean I should be taking one in the morning and one in the afternoon or should I be taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon? I know I'm supposed to take them twice a day but a little unclear at what dose.

tambra.goode
on 5/29/21 9:33 pm
Topic: RE: Good water

I have tried several water purifiers and the best is Zero Water. Great tasting clean water. Better tasting water helps me drink more and eat less.

tambra.goode
on 5/26/21 5:31 pm
Topic: RE: giving up artificial sweetners

Do you have surgery scheduled?

tambra.goode
on 5/25/21 4:05 am
Topic: RE: before surgery

Thank you. You are absolutely right. It helps to know I can still have food but in smaller portions. I have refocused on clean healthy eating and adopted that as a life habit. That is what change is.

tambra.goode
on 5/23/21 2:50 pm
Topic: RE: giving up artificial sweetners

I have spent most my life on packets of pink sweet n Low. That's 44 years of dextrose and saccharin on my body at several packets a day. I didn't think much of it because I thought I was avoiding sugar and therefore diabetes. 2 years ago I started having severe pain in my joints, fatigue, cloudy mental status. These symptoms things got so bad I could barely walk. There were days when I would audibly gasp in pain at work and cry at night. I felt like I was dying. My bones were breaking down. I went to the doctor and was losing calcium at an alarming rate. Finally, after many test they found tumors on my parathyroid (that is what controls your calcium release). They did surgery and removed 4 large tumors on all four parathyroids. They left half of one because your body needs a regulator of some type. I had no idea how important calcium was until then.

Fast forward to this year. I'm feeling much better and have my clarity back. My calcium has leveled out and my bones are building back up. I'm getting ready to have my lap band removed and the dietician recommended I stop all artificial sweetners. So, I did. I look back and I wonder if there could have been a correlation between all the chemicals and the tumors. This is what I have discovered since I stopped the artificial sweetners. Everything seems to taste better (sweeter). I know that sounds odd but especially fruits and vegetables. Carrots taste like candy. I can't eat many because they seem so sweet to me. I also started flavoring my water. I use mint, fresh ginger slices, cucumber and lemon with halved cherries...yum. I also slice oranges and put them in water. My favorite is sliced strawberries. It makes the water taste like vanilla strawberry treat. I'm off of caffeine and all artificial sweetners finally. The flavored water helps me drink more good clean stuff. In fact, I am eating as clean as I can and feel so much better for it. I read a post where they talked about how you feel today is because of what you ate yesterday. That resonated with me.

tambra.goode
on 5/23/21 2:16 pm

The best advice I could think of, very, very smart and I will follow that. Thank you so much.

tambra.goode
on 5/22/21 7:40 pm
Topic: RE: Seeking information on sleeve to gastric bypass revision

You keep fighting. I am waiting on insurance approval for conversion from lap band to RNY. I am also in my 50's. I think my biggest 3 fears are: 1) Insurance approval, 2) Survive a long surgery where they remove the band and complete RNY without complications, 3) Losing the weight I need to lose. From what I understand, even for a revision you have to be at least 100 lbs overweight or BMI of 40 or above for them to revise the surgery. I qualify to have the band removed for complications. It sounds like your experience with GERD would qualify as a complication because that can cause serious damage if left untreated. I should know this week if I have insurance approval and our target surgery date is June 7. I'll keep you posted.

Tambra

tambra.goode
on 5/22/21 10:16 am

Thank you for your reply. That helped.

tambra.goode
on 5/22/21 6:55 am

Has anyone else experienced an urge to splurge before surgery? I'm a little more than 2 weeks out and I keep thinking I have 3 days left to eat whatever I want. Is that bad?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 334 views