Katherine B.’s Posts

Katherine B.
on 6/25/21 10:46 am
Topic: RE: revision surgery date

I finally got surgery date for blind loop repair! I have been on a liquid diet since March 5th and went from 156lbs to 121lbs. I do really well around 150lbs, my body really dose not like being any lower than that so I have been very weak for the past few months and not able to work since January. They have been hesitant to do surgery because of my history and low protein levels. This will be my 14th surgery since open RNY 18 years ago. Hopefully I will be back on solid food in the next couple weeks and start regaining some strength. I know it will be a slow process, but at least I am finally getting closer to a resolution to my issues.

I will keep you posted on progress. Keeping my fingers crossed lol

Katherine B.
on 6/25/21 10:34 am
Topic: RE: TPN 18 years post op

Thank you so much for info. Sounds like you have also been through a lot. Makes me feel like Im not alone in this journey. I finally got approved for surgery!! Its this coming Monday. They never started TPN, but may have PPN while in hospital. I was on it for a few days in March and it really helped. Doctor is doing bowel resectioning and also said something about the clips you mentioned in case peg tube is needed in the future. I have gotten down to 121lbs so hoping to put some weight on after surgery and hopefully go back to solid food.

Katherine B.
on 6/10/21 9:17 am
Topic: RE: TPN 18 years post op

I posted about a month ago about starting tube feed due to bowel resectioning that needs repair and causing eating issues. I did not tolerate tube feed so I'm back on liquid diet, which I started March 5th. My surgeon won't do repair until protein levels are up. He scheduled surgery for Monday pending blood work, levels are still too low so he postponed surgery for at least 2 more weeks. My dietitian has recommended TPN. Has anyone had any experience with this? I work in hospital so I know what's involved just haven't experienced it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Katherine B.
on 4/3/21 9:16 pm
Topic: RE: Pain after eating

I am drinking premier protien shakes, tomato soup for dinner, I can handle yogurt, pudding and jello. I drink gatorade to help with dehydration. I am down to 133 lbs and been having to go to er to get saline infusions. Been admitted 3x since January. The doctor thinks I have gastro paresis as well as adhesions, hopefully get some answers Wednesday

Katherine B.
on 4/3/21 8:25 pm

I have had 13 surgeries since open rny mostly due to adhesions. Hysterectomy, hernia repair, gallbladder removal. revision of rny, kinked bowel, nicked bowel, strangulated intestine and several exploratory surgeries. Due to all complications I have had bowel resection 3x. I have appointment at Henry Ford wednesday with surgeon because no one local will touch me. Im here if you have any questions nice to meet another old timer lol

Katherine B.
on 4/3/21 7:42 pm

Have you ever had issues with adhesions? I had open rny in 2003 and have had numerous surgeries due to complications from scar tissue. I cut out all meat and raw veggies helped with pain after eating. But I have been on a liquid diet for over a month due to pain after eating. It is very hard to diagnose adhesions they basically rule out all other issues, there is no way to see scar tissue on scans or ultra sound.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 173 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics