ZhivagosGirl’s Posts

ZhivagosGirl
on 5/24/21 1:29 pm
Topic: RE: Latest Evaluations

This morning I had my exercise and nutrition evaluation. But I use that term loosely, it really wasn't an evaluation. It was more of a "how to" exercise class for about 20 mins (I stressed way too much over that!). Then my second meeting of the morning was the nutrition evaluation which was like an hour of drinking from a fire hose! Again - not really an evaluation, but tons of information as to what to expect starting with the liver shrinking liquid diet through all the phases to maintenance. Thankfully they gave me a book with everything we talked about. Next week is the psych eval and then hopefully I'll get my date for surgery (well, after we write them a big fat check). Hopefully the end of June/beginning of July.

Lara

ZhivagosGirl
on 5/8/21 10:41 am
Topic: RE: EGD Scope and Barium Swallow

Had my EGD and barium swallow tests yesterday. Dr said I had a sizeable hiatal hernia and my pylori was overly tight. He said both would be taken care of with/during the bypass. The barium test didn't show anything significant. Continuing to move closer to the surgery. Still don't have a date yet but have more "check the box" appts on the 24th...

Lara

ZhivagosGirl
on 4/26/21 2:08 pm
Topic: RE: First Doctor's Appt

Thought I'd post an update. I got my cardiac clearance last week and the nurse just called with info about my EGD and upper GI tests. They're both going to be on May 7. I also got a letter from my psychiatrist in support of me having the surgery submitted into my file for the staff psychologist to review. My other upcoming appts are May 24 and June 3 respectively.

Now if I could just hear on my financing situation, it's taking forever...

That's all for now.
Lara

ZhivagosGirl
on 4/13/21 5:15 pm

I haven't had any procedures yet. The sleeve was my first choice however. But I want to heed the doctor's advice for what he feels will give me the most success.

I don't know what "spiky" means in that context...

ZhivagosGirl
on 4/13/21 2:13 pm

Hello,

I've been posting on the sleeve board until now but looks like I'll be switching to the bypass...

Had my first bariatric doctor's appt today. There was a lot to process. The biggest thing is switching from the sleeve to the bypass. The doctor felt that with the amount of GERD/reflux I have it was unwise to consider doing the sleeve. So I'm working on wrapping my head around that. (It also costs $5,000 more)

I have a laundry list of appts I have to have, psych eval, nutritionist, cardiac clearance, EGD, upper GI - among other things before the actual procedure. Already took the paperwork by my cardiologist so hopefully we'll start chipping away at all this this week. :)

Nervous and excited to be here,

Lara

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?