sib3’s Posts

sib3
on 12/15/20 7:41 am
Topic: RE: Ferritin help

Hi

Dr Hill did my surgery back in 2008. Love Mikey but unfortunately I moved to TN last year. Trying to find someone down here. It's hard when I trusted Dr Hill so much . No one compares.

sib3
on 11/13/20 6:39 pm

Thank you. I sure hope I can convince her. They tell me my level is in normal range. Well it is for someone who hasn't had RNY.

sib3
on 11/13/20 5:00 pm

Thank you. I just moved here from another state so I need to make my nurse practitioner understand. I am nauseous and weak. Hoping I can convince her to send me to a hematologist.

sib3
on 11/13/20 12:32 pm

Hi,

I just got my labs back and my ferritin shows 19. They say normal range is 15-150. I am weak and had infusions back in 2015 when my level was a 4. This is a new NP as I just moved here. Has anyone had infusions and felt weak at a 19 level.

Thanks

sib3
on 2/11/14 9:30 am
sib3
on 12/9/08 11:20 am
Topic: RE: looking for papaya enzymes
I get mine from Walmart.  I pay  4 dollars a bottle.  I always carry a supply with me.
sib3
on 10/24/08 3:47 am
Topic: RE: Papaya Enzyme's question????
I am 12 weeks post op and have used the papaya tablets for 2 weeks now. It says you can use it as a regular daily supplement but I didn't see how that would work. Anyway, I was sick all the time with the slimeys and feeling like things were stuck. Since I started using the pills I have had good success. I ususlly chew 4 when I am going to eat meat.  I have chewed 2 before I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and that wasn't meat.  My friend was having bad indigestion after eating some raw onion. I gave her the tablets to chew and within 10 minutes it relived her.    

I just went for my 3 month check up and the nurse said that the papaya works on some people and on some it doesn't. I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I was so happy to find them.Good luck
sib3
on 10/23/08 3:50 am
Topic: RE: How long can food stay stuck? What to do with stuck food?
I am 12 weeks post op and could not eat much of anything without the stuck feeling. I now use Papaya enzymes. You buy them at walmart for about 4 bucks. I chew 4 tablets before I eat most meals especially meat. I have not had any pain or anything get stuck in weeks.  Before i was always out in the lawn dry heaving and having the slimes.

I had my 3 month check up yesterday. The nurse told me it does work on most people. Good luck and keep us posted
sib3
on 10/13/08 8:23 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone experience a sore diaphram? Mine is sticking out
Cindy,
  Yes, it is hard and bony. and feels like an arrow. Guess I am not very good with anatomy..sorry.
Thanks
sib3
on 10/13/08 12:20 pm
I am not having any pain. It is just sore to touch in that area. It isin the center where your ribs meet. I call it my diaphragm. I go back for my 3 month check up on the 22nd. and will have the Dr look at it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this.
sib3
on 10/13/08 11:51 am
and feels sore to the touch.  I haven't  had any dry heaves in about 4 days now. I was thinking something was irritated,
sib3
on 9/23/08 10:24 pm
Topic: RE: Sneezes
Does anyone start sneezing after the 2 nd bite of their meal. Whatever I am eating I start sneezing . I may sneeze 14 times.  I bring up flem and get the dry heaves. I have never brought any food back up. I am 7 weeks post op . (lap RNY) 
sib3
on 9/17/08 1:08 am
Topic: RE: Help please. I am 6 weeks post op.
Thank you everyone for the responses.  I am going to pay more attention to how long I wait in between bites. I already take real small bites. 
 I guess what I am experiencing is normal for some. My sister had her lap RNY the same day as me. She has no trouble eating.  Every case is diff. they say.

Thanks again and have a nice day.
sib3
on 9/16/08 4:29 am
Topic: RE: Help please. I am 6 weeks post op.
I had the lap RNY and am having trouble  eating.  About 2 weeks ago I tried mac & cheese (NO PASTA) and it got stuck. I was in extreme pain for close to 2 hours. I had the chest pain,foamies & my nose was running.     Anyway, I called the Dr office because my first thought was stricture. They told me to back down to liquids & soft food and let the pouch heal because I irritated it.   Since then it happens quite frequently. I don't get the foamies but bring up a lot of slime. I never have brought up food. The pain is uncomfortable but not excruciating. It doesn't happen everytime. Yesterday I could eat Deli selects and today I am having trouble with egg. Has anyone else experienced this??
sib3
on 8/8/08 7:49 am
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?