Overstitch Procedure to Possibly Help with Rapid Moving of Food?

stork1
on 10/13/18 7:53 am - Houston, TX

Aside from weight gain and GERD, has anyone had a revision due to food rapidly moving through? I have had chronic diarrhea for the past 5 yrs and after my recent consultation with a WLS surgeon, learned that the overstitch could "possibly" help by tightening up my pouch and slowing down the passing of food.

Initial surgery in 2003, gallbladder removed in 2012, diarrhea since then so that contributed for sure.

Jen J.
on 11/1/18 2:43 pm - Canton, MI

I just had the Overstitch procedure. I'm only 10 days in but I've had heartburn because of it. It should go away. They also found a ulcer which I believe is contributing to problem of burning as well. They were able to tightening the opening and also tighten my pouch a bit.

Jen

stork1
on 11/2/18 1:33 pm - Houston, TX

Hi Jen!

How have you been feeling? How has eating and drinking been for you (e.g. tolerance and amount)? Are you losing weight since the procedure? I am interested to see if this helps with holding food in the pouch and digesting it better but am nervous. I dont want to get it and feel worse.

Talk soon!

Kim

Jen J.
on 11/2/18 6:02 pm - Canton, MI

Hi Kim!

Feeling better every day. I do have some stomach pain but I really think it's coming mostly from my ulcer. I do have residual pain from the procedure though but I'm at work my biggest issue is fatigue right now. I'm not eating much. Lots of protein shakes, soft food like mashed potatoes, applesauce, cottage cheese, avocado, but when I do it, it's not much. I do have a sensation of being full that I didn't have. So far I've lost 8 pounds. I think I've been I've been in starvation mode and haven't lost much in beginning. I'm expecting more once I feel I can start to get on my elliptical soon. Feeling good though...thanks for asking! Maybe talk to doc and get some more info to see if it's right for you? I hope so.

Jen

stork1
on 11/2/18 6:52 pm - Houston, TX

Sounds like you're on the right track and Im glad it's working for you. I hope you get some relief soon with the stomach pain. Im sure you're body just needs time to adjust. Good luck on this new journey! I'll definitely talk to my doc. ??

Lilac8Star
on 11/11/18 6:31 pm

Hi Jenn, I have been seeing docs for a gastric bypass revision but they keep telling me that there is nothing they can do. Who did you overstitch?

Jen J.
on 11/11/18 7:07 pm - Canton, MI

Hey there, my surgeons name was Carl Pesta. I am in Michigan. If you look above, there is another thread where someone posted the full formal name of the procedure and that persona had better luck searching for surgeons who did the procideure under that formal name. Let me know if u have any questions. Good luck. Jen

Lilac8Star
on 11/11/18 7:21 pm

Thank you sooooooo much. You've given me hope!

Jen J.
on 11/12/18 8:03 am - Canton, MI

Xoxo that's all we need somtimes!!

Most Active
Recent Topics