Weight loss Success from VSG to RNY revision?

Lexypeach
on 6/28/20 5:29 pm
VSG on 01/12/16

Hey all,

I had vsg surgery in January 2016. Highest weight was 290, pre-surgery weight 278 and lowest weight after vsg was 180.

Went through two rounds of IVF and successfully had our miracle baby October 2019. She was born at 29 weeks and weighed 2.7 lbs. I'm an emotional eater and let's just say food helped get me through a long nicu stay.

I'm currently 249 and am looking into revision for weight loss. I understand that I have to change my mindset. I'm currently seeing a therapist to work through my eating habits but would love to hear anyone who has went though something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Plentyofbugs01
on 12/1/20 10:32 am

Hello, I too got a gastric sleeve years ago. About 4-5 years ago. I would like to get he duodenal switch, but am unsure as to what will happen. I just had my endoscopy and the doctor said that it was dilated and recommended a wedge gastrectomy. I was also told that I have a hernia. I am waiting to see if I will be able to move towards the duodenal switch in a few days.

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:18 pm
RNY on 07/22/19

Hey! Not sure if this will still help but my surgeon won't perform revisions to RNY from VSG unless it's due to a complication. This is because weight loss is minimal from the revision. I lost about 10 lbs from mine and then had to go back to basics to lose any more than that

Most Active
Recent Topics