12 Year old RNY 100lb Gain

NiserJones
on 3/25/21 10:54 am

Looking for any help I can get!

I had RNY twelve years ago and went from 363 to 195, but fluctuated most of the years from 220-240 but now I'm back over 300 and at a loss for what to do. Every time I lose twenty pound's I put back on thirty, I've had some good results with extended Whole30's and feel amazing while doing it but can't stick to that forever and for the life of me I can't seem to practice moderation. I'm either 100% clean or a human trash compactor. I feel like a total failure that I have put back on this much weight, in 2019 I did 120 days of Whole30 and was 245lbs, now I'm over 300 two years later!!

My original surgeon was Dr. Lautz in Boston, I went back to see him earlier this week and he offered me two options. Conversion to DS which would be done in two procedures with 3-6 months in between them or a bypass distalization.

From what I am seeing here people don't get great results with the distalization. But the thought of further reorganizing my insides is terrifying, Dr. Lautz stressed how serious this procedure and it seems drastic.

I'm 42 with a seven year old son and I'm scared to do something that will cause be to be sick and lose time with him. However obviously I'm not living my best life at this weight.

Has anyone had luck losing on their own after such a big gain?

Can you share your experience of going from RNY to DS, the good the bad and the ugly?

paints77
on 6/14/21 11:22 am

What is distilization? I went from 398 to 250 stayed there for 12 yrs. lost my job 2 yes ago after working for 42 yes. I am 62 n working on a revision. Lost 30 so far after gaining 70 the last 2 yes.

Most Active
Recent Topics