Has anyone else had a lap-band revision to an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

NuncProTunc
on 3/9/22 9:16 am

I would be very interested to learn about your experience. I had my lap band implanted in 2010. It was a very effective tool for a 1/2 dozen years. Then it slipped. I couldn't keep food down. It was repositioned in 2017 and never did me a bit of good after that. I had it removed in 2020. It was found unbuckled. (No wonder it didn't work!) I had an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in 2021. I am having a very different experience. I feel no sense of restriction. I am struggling more to take off weight than I remember with the band.

ladygodiva1228
on 3/28/22 10:01 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I'm surprised your surgeon didn't suggest the bypass instead of the sleeve. Going from lap band to sleeve hasn't been overly successful and many end up revising to the bypass due to acid reflux and not much weight loss.

I am a band to bypass revision and my surgeon wouldn't even consider doing the sleeve.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ShadyC
on 5/9/22 8:59 am
VSG on 10/31/13

I had a band to VSG revision almost 13 years ago and was super successful with it for years!

aphephobicfriend
on 11/4/22 5:51 pm - Ocala, FL

Sort of. I had emergency surgery to remove my band and fix the hole it had made in my stomach. My surgeon called it "a modified sleeve". It was larger than other sleeves but gave me some restriction. I lost 80 pounds and kept it off for 10 years but had to work hard at it. The second I got pregnant and didn't diet I went back to my pre-surgery weight and have stayed there.

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Most Active
Recent Topics