Anyone tried Wegovy for regain?

ShandrewsCA
on 8/22/22 11:55 am, edited 8/22/22 11:56 am - Coeur D Alene, ID

I am going through a regain, and this time I can't stop it. Keto no longer works for me. I had a hysterectomy a few months ago which kicked off menopause, and one of the medications I am on causes weight gain. I also know my pouch is stretched out, but I do not want to have a revision surgery. My doctor thinks Wegovy might be a good candidate for me. I've been doing a lot of research, and it does seem to be a successful treatment for weight loss, but the reviews are all over the place regarding symptoms and I can't find any reviews for anyone who tried it specifically to address regain after WLS.

TIA

Pre-RNY Weight: 280 lbs (09/14/05)

Lowest Post-Op Weight: 140 lbs

Starting Ozempic Weight: 180 lbs (08/26/22)

Week 1 Weight: 174 lbs (09/02/22)

Brenda2000
on 8/2/23 4:02 am

Hi there Tia! I had my RNY bypass back in 2000. The last 9 years I have consistently gained 6 pounds a year. I feel I need a revision to retighten the anastomosis. Food goes in and is in the toilet 10-20 minutes later. I never have a full satisfied feeling like I used to. I am scheduling an appointment today with a Bariatric Surgeon to discuss. I too was curious about Wegovy and I will do it if I can get it prescribed. My daughter had the gastric sleeve a few years ago (5 I am thinking) and her surgeon suggested she go on the semaglutide/B12 compound (same drug family). She was starting to gain weight back and was panicking. She had such awesome results, that she has already consulted with a surgeon for a mommy make over and has it scheduled. So I am praying that having my revision (which can be done via an EGD, no surgery) and using the semaglutide shots that I will be back to my happy weight of 147. Pre-bariatric Surgery I was 267 then down to 138 settled in at 147, stayed there for years till 9 years ago. Now I am back to 200# and freaking out.

I don't know if this helped you any, but I wish you all the best.

Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics