Medicaid/ SC

limitedsunshine
on 1/21/15 9:39 am

Does anyone know the rules for medicaid and bariatric surgery? I saw some posts that were all more than two years old and medicaid changes like crazy. Because of my family/sleep doctor, I can only used First Choice once my medicaid approval comes through. 

Please let me know if you have any information. I have proof of weight loss in the past and that it didn't help my high blood pressure (fall 2012-spring 2013) During this time of weight loss, I developed MORE health issues that have since caused a more than 60 lb weight gain. . . (just for a little back ground) 

Thanks

helionoftroy
on 3/8/15 9:59 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

Your surgeons office will know all the requirements needed. I have the same insurance, first choice, & my surgery date is march 23rd. There's a lot you have to do, 6 months documented weight loss management, psych evaluation, EGD, get pulmonary clearance, & cardiac clearance. Don't get your heart set on the gastric sleeve because insurance won't pay for it. If you're a smoker...QUIT!!! Surgeon will refuse to do the procedure, plus it's REALLY bad for your health!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 289 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3020 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3934 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4272 views