First Choice Medicaid

April Parker
on 9/2/15 7:02 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Hey y'all! I saw on here where they were talking about the First Choice Medicaid. I researched and it seems First Choice does cover the gastric sleeve. But I am opting for RNY anyway. I think. Once I go to my seminar on the 9th I will know more. When I signed up for the seminar, the first question I asked was "Will First Choice Medicaid cover my sugery?" She then asked me my height and weight, and told me I autimatically qualify because my BMI was over 40. I told her I had at least one and maybe two co-morbidities and she said no worries, you qualify with just your BMI. She also led me to believe that since this was the case, I did not have to complete the 6 months of documented dieting and exercise. I have heard that the Surgeon I have chosen, Dr. Paul Ross, will require 6 weeks but not six months. Does anyone have anything to say about this? Ive heard so many different stories its hard to tell.

April Parker
on 9/11/15 1:36 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

I attended my seminar and got the answers I needed. I have to complete the 6 months weight management, attend behavior modification classes and dietician classes, and my ins does cover everything but the therapy $250 and the 6 month behavioral/dietician classes $210. Heres to the first step of becoming a new me! I wanna see if I can become a jogger/runner! 

Tracy6035
on 8/2/16 10:18 am - UNION, SC

I am from union, sc.I had my surgery may 26,2015. I have first choice medicaid.It didn't cover gastric sleeve. It only covered the band and roux en y (by pass).

tracy6035

carolinafan58
on 12/30/16 2:36 pm

Medicaid just started covering the sleeve in 2016. 

Tracy6035
on 8/2/16 10:19 am - UNION, SC

Good luck.I hope you do well.Just do everything they tell you and you will be alright.

tracy6035

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 294 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3027 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3939 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4277 views