I'm Back!

Maghan M.
on 3/23/10 10:00 am

Alright ladies and gentlemen!  I am back!  A little update and background for those of you who are new and those that I have lost touch with. 

I lived in Rapid City for 6 years and worked closely with Wes Sufficool.  I helped him do a lot of bypasses and lap bandings until a little over a year ago.  I was getting ready for a surgery, lifted an instrument pan and pop!  2 ruptured discs and a fractured vertebrae....needless to say I was out for quite awhile and unfourtunatley put on a little weight.  How irritating!!!!!!!!!  I have since quit working in surgery and moved closer to my home town and parents which I am loving!  I miss Rapid and the support group!  I don't know if Pierre has one or not but I think it would be great to get one going!

Anyway, after my injury I put on about 40 pounds and am now fighting to get it off.  Its so frustrating to have worked so hard to get where I was and to now be fighting it again!

So I just looked at my pictures on my profile and I cannot help but get a little upset.  I am so proud of how far I have come, but am so mad that I put on 40 pounds!  How irritating!  Even more irritating is that I worked with WLS patients for quite a few years and here I am putting weight on.  I know it was because of an injury but how frustrating is that!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay..better now!

Anyway, I am really hoping to reconnect with those I have met in the past and to make new friends and hopefully be able to meet up with those from around the Pierre area!

I hope you are all doing well and wish each and every one of you the best of luck on your journey!

Bonnie M
on 5/24/10 9:26 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
I too, put on close to 40 lbs.  Really, just crept up on me.  I now have lost 30 of that on the Ideal Weigh diet.  An orthopedic Dr. recommended it to me.  The food is pricey and keeps you at 700-900 calories a day.  I was on that for almost 3 months and recently decided I was just too hungry.  The Ideal Weigh people didn't know why I was so hungry.  I guess my schedule didn't work with the diet anymore.  Yesterday I started all protein.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/10 4:51 pm - RapidCity, SD
We did the same but we did find something that works  let use help you too 30lbsforevergone.com is were we found it try it they can help I lost 23 lbs in 3 weeks all kinds of energy Look them up nice people and it is Dr.Recommended 
mkieffer
on 6/16/10 9:25 am - Rapid City, SD
Hi Meghan! It was so good to see your smiling face.  I as just sitting home and decided to put the food down and look on OH and found your post.  I too am struggling with getting some gained weight off, I have gained about 20 pounds in the last few months and can't seem to get it back under control. I know I can do it, I just have to find the faith in myself that I use to have. 

So, how is Pierre? I will actually be there on July 12th and 13th, I will be bringing my daughter there so she can take the state cosmotology boards. 

Hope things continue going good for you and again, it was good to see that smile again.

Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

Maghan M.
on 6/16/10 9:49 am
Pierre is okay. It is nice to be back closer to my family however I really miss all the support there was in rapid! I am like you, I know I can get myself under control again but for some odd reason it is a huge struggle! Makes me mad that I worked so hard and now here I am, slacking! Good luck to your daughter and enjoy your time in Pierre! My brother and sister in law will be here from north Carolina that week! I am so excited to see them! Its been over a year since the last time I saw him! Keep in touch! Tell everybody hello for me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6128 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6064 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5979 views