Any fellow CF members out there that had WLS? I'm full of questions in regards to the process

Armyguy1976
on 7/12/12 2:15 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
  Morning all ,

I'm a 16 year Canadian Forces member who  has chosen to go ahead with WLS, after multipible deployments in Afghan, Dubai UAE and Haiti I'm finally in a static posting and am ready to make this change in my life. I'm wondering if any pre or post op Mil mbrs can share there experence and there timeframe. 

I'm seriously considering self pay.

Any help would be great 

Cheers 

MCpl P.K. Byrne
Joelle W.
on 8/5/12 4:34 am - Canada
 Hey! 

I also just decided to go with weight loss surgery. After being on a waiting list for over a year now I decided to look for options outside of Canada. I found Dr. Aceves online and have only read/heard good things about him. In total I think it took three days to book the date and I fly down to San Diego on Sep. 19 for surgery. The staff there have been extremely helpful and they return emails/ phone calls very quickly. If you want I could email you the information package they sent me or if you contact their office they can send you one directly. It has alot of information and answered most of my questions. 

Joelle Weber
Most Active