OT- Best place to stay and dine in Nashville suburbs (Franklin and Brentwood)

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/13/11 12:21 am
Hello Tennessee!

Hubs and I are going to be visiting Nashville in November with the intent of investigating Franklin and Brentwood as possible relocation areas. It is time for us to settle down and have a family, and well, NYC is just not the place where we want to do that. We're currently torn between the Nashville suburbs and the Dallas suburbs (North Dallas).

I've never been to Nashville before, so if anyone has recommendations for great places to stay, and eat (note: I'm a DSer so any cuisine is safe) in Franklin and Brentwood it would be much appreciated. I know so little about those areas!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

k9ophile
on 9/14/11 1:08 am
Around Cool Springs/Brentwood there's Stoney River and Cozymel's.  Good Mexican food is hard to find in TN so we hit Cozymel's when we're in that area.*

Check out Trip Advisor's site for hotels and more restaurants.  I'm sure you'll find something as that area is very nice.

*Google both for menus.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/14/11 2:13 am
I am drooling over Stoney River's menu, many thanks for the excellent suggestion! It is very nice to see they offer the "Oscar" topping for the steaks , that and a bowl of lobster bisque would hit the spot! Since my husband is an enormous fan eating a quality steak the size of his head, I don't think it would take too much arm twisting to convince him to dine there.

Where's the best BBQ around Nash? I've never had good BBQ, yes, yes I know I am missing out. How I managed to go so long without, I have no idea. We were also thinking of checking out "Barbara's home cookin'", "Martin's BBQ", "The Bunganut Pub", "Puckett's Grocery" and "Bishops". This is just from info found online, so I don't know if I'm picking the right places.

Since hubs has Hilton points, hotel-wise it looks like a toss up between the Embassy suites or the Hilton Garden in Cool Springs. If anyone has some info on which is the nicer one to stay at, feel free to chime in

I had wanted to stay in Cool Springs, as I understand so far it's a shopping hub for the Brentwood/Franklin area with lots of places to eat. I thought it would give us a good overview of the shopping options we'd have should we move to the area.

We may also pop in to a few open houses, drive by a few schools to see where they are in the neighborhoods, and vist any street fairs or farmer's markets that may be open when we go.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

k9ophile
on 9/14/11 2:57 am
We had a family re-union a couple of years ago and my cousin from CO was disappointed that Jack's BBQ was closed for a private party.  He swears by it, but I've never been.  Also it's probalby further away from the area where you'd be staying.

For a bit of true Nashville history, there's the Loveless Cafe.

Since you're visiting in Nov. you should have plenty of time to do some more on-line research.  Have fun:  researching and in Nashville!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/14/11 4:45 am
I'm willing to crawl over broken glass in the pouring rain for good bbq

I'll check out Jacks, thanks for the info!

RhondaDenise
on 9/14/11 9:55 am - Crossville, TN
Just for giggles.  If you have time to sight see while you are in Nashville you have to take the Big Pink Bus Tour.  It is a hoot.  The girls take you on a sightseeing tour of downtown Nashville.

It picks you up at the Farmers Market in Nashville so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. 

The tour does require reservations.  It's actually called Nash Trash Tours

www.nashtrash.com

I don't live there but my surgeon is there and I go for my appts.    I live in Crossville 2 hours away.

Cannot help you with the eating places, we just stop wherever looks good, but mostly we go to Mt Juliet for shopping and lunch.  Which by the way is a really nice area.

Good Luck and hope you find something you like.

Rhonda

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/15/11 8:14 am
Thanks! Checking out the website now 

Looks like a lot of fun, thanks so much for suggesting this!

Most Active
Recent Topics