Where to have my surgery???????

bethp3
on 10/23/11 9:50 am
I'm hoping to get banded before the end of the year. I'm trying to figure out where I should go in Tennessee. It took me a while to figure out how to get on the forum. I'm new to this whole thing

At first my PCP said something about me seeing Dr. Woodman however he does not operate at a COE so my insurance will not cover him. So I then thought about Virgina Weaver because she is in Memphis, however I've found out that she took a leave, and the other person is against the band.
Does anybody know if she is back, or should I look into going to Nashville?????
troup76
on 10/24/11 4:34 am
 I would check with your insurance company on who they do take.  Then get back with your PCP on selecting a doctor.
Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

Tspoone
on 10/24/11 2:28 pm - TN
 I live a few miles north of Jackson, TN - and I opted for Dr. Douglas Olsen with Centennial  Bariatrics in Nashville.  I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am with my decision.  He's a top notch surgeon and is very thorough in discussing your options with you in advance.

I had a RNY a little over a month ago and have been encouraged by the results.  They do surgery at Centennial Women's Hospital (right across the street from their office).  I don't know if traveling to Nashville would be prohibitive for you...if not, I encourage you to check our their website at http://www.cmcwls.com/default .  

Best of luck to you!
bethp3
on 10/25/11 10:50 am
Thanks, I looked at the website, I also went to a seminar last night for Dr. Woodman because my PCP wasn't aware that my insurance wouldn't cover him. Anyway I'm trying to get my surgery before the end of the year if I can then I will be going there I'm hoping to see Dr. Hugh Houston. If I have to wait 6 months I will wait for Dr. Woodman, since he comes to Jackson I won't have to drive as far for fills and check-ups.
Twyla S.
on 10/27/11 10:28 am - Chattanooga, TN
 I'm going to Centennial myself, and wanting Dr. Houston for the DS.  I've been to the seminar, really liked what I heard and seen.  I've talked to quite a few about Dr. Houston, and they always say he's great.  I'm in Chattanooga, so I have to travel too.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
bethp3
on 10/28/11 11:56 pm
Twyla, Dr. Houston is who Dr. Woodman told me to see. If I'm able to have my surgery before the end of the year I hope to use him. My "stuff" is up in the air right now. I will know more (I hope) Tuesday when I go see my PCP.
jhn
on 10/29/11 10:29 pm - Soddy-Daisy, TN
Have you checked the surgeons in Chattanooga?

Twyla S.
on 10/29/11 12:16 am - Chattanooga, TN
 The best of luck to you!  My six month diet ended the other day, so it's fixing to be sent off to the insurance.  Tenncare...ugghhh  BUT, I do have MORE comorbities than they require, which isn't necessarily a good thing...anyway, here's hoping....

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
bethp3
on 10/29/11 12:26 am
Good luck!!! Keep me updated.
Most Active
Recent Topics