Anyone have Blue Cross Blue Shield TN and Saint Francis Memphis patients

startinganew
on 11/8/11 9:39 am
I am new to all of this and am trying to start the process to eventually get the gastric bypass (route eny) surgery.

Does anyone know if BCBS TN covers this procedure and where I have to start. Could you maybe tell me about the process you had to go through.

I was looking into Dr. Weaver at Saint Francis.

Do you have to have a primary doctor or do they help you do all the paperwork at the surgery center?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Countrygirl77
on 11/9/11 9:25 am
I have bcbs of Al. and was just approved. I had to do a 6 mth diet and pysch eval. It's been a long process! Just got a date today for Jan 30th. I had hoped it would be sooner, but I'll take it! Good luck to ya!!
Susan J.
on 11/12/11 11:17 am - Madison, TN

Each policy is different even within BCBS TN depending on the employer. The best place to start would be calling the customer service number on the back of your insurance card. Ask them what the requirements are for your particular policy.

You can find out if the surgeon you are interested in is in network for your particular policy. You can also get names of other surgeons/centers that are in network if your preferred surgeon is not.

Then contact the surgical center and see what their process and requirements are. Most surgical centers and insurance companies are going to require a letter from your primary doctor. If you don't already have a primary, you will want to get one.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Tooty
on 11/14/11 11:29 pm - Germantown, TN
Most Active
Recent Topics