Communication.

Keikei_86
on 7/27/12 12:07 pm - Antioch, TN
 No on talks on here, when I heard about the site I was so excited, but I really don't see a lot of people talking on it
rhearob
on 7/27/12 2:03 pm - TN
 The main surgical forums get huge volumes.  The state boards are much, much quieter.  

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Keikei_86
on 7/27/12 4:33 pm - Antioch, TN
 Thank you
jen73076
on 9/19/12 3:59 am - Blountville, TN
I agree. Tennessee board so quite. wi**** wasn't . would be nice to have more folks from here to talk to.
Susan J.
on 9/22/12 6:21 pm - Madison, TN

This site used to be very active. It is a shame that folks haven't continued the support we used to share on here.

Some of us that had our surgery 2006 - 2008 are still very close friends and very involved in each other's lives. We met on this board and became friends offline too.

I wish everyone going through WLS could have the kind of support we found on this site and extended into real life. It takes effort on everyone's part and a real desire to reach out to others going through the same struggles. We didn't care where you had your surgery, who your surgeon was or what type of surgery you chose.

When the attitude of the new posters coming onto the board changed from that acceptance to one of "my surgeon, surgery, surgical center, etc. is better than yours" that is when the activity and support on this board died.

I would love to see the acceptance and support come back to Tennessee. Love each other people and quit trying to push one hospital/program/surgeon/surgery as the only option in Tennessee.

This site is for WLS support not an advertising site for one center. We have 3 excellent programs in Nashville alone. There are other equally excellent programs in other areas of the state. Focus on the people and if someone has a question specific to their surgeon's program, they need to contact their surgeon's office instead of coming to an open forum where they are going to get responses from people who may or may not give advice acceptable for the stage they are in according to their program.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

BTW - I am closing in on 7 years post-op. Still keeping the weight off. I have my health back and I am enjoying life. My only regret is not having this surgery much sooner than I did.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Most Active
Recent Topics