Help, need a support group

lptazbear66
on 2/6/13 9:33 pm - Murfreesboro, TN

I live in Murfreesboro so I prefer something sort of near here but am open to options.  I am 2 1/2 yrs out and have never gone to support groups (well once after surgery).  I am still 15 lbs from goal and need some support.  Suggestions? 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
nurse55
on 2/7/13 6:25 pm
DS on 09/11/12

I live in middle Tenn on Monteagle Mountain...between Chatt and Nashville, so there is nothing close to me...but I know there is a Dr in Murfreesboro or Shelbyville doing bariatric surgery...have you tried calling the hospital where you live and asking if a support group meets there??? BTW, before I changed surgery type, I was a patient of Dr. Clements. Do they have an active support group you could join or it is too far for you...Good luck!!! 

lptazbear66
on 2/8/13 10:36 am - Murfreesboro, TN

I will check this area again.  Monteagle is such a pretty area (as long as it is not icy).  I go to Chattanooga often so drive through there. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
rhearob
on 2/11/13 12:56 am - TN

Check the Obesity Action Coalition - there is a list of support groups searchable on their website.  Also, a lot of people use Overeaters Anonymous.  You can also find a list on their website.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

PoohHag
on 2/13/13 9:06 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

There is a support group at the Murfreesboro hospital in the Seton building.  The associated surgeons are Dr. Westmoreland and Dr. Eckles.

Call Anne Marie at 615-396-4965.  She's a RN who had RNY a few years ago and now leads the support groups.  She'll be able to point you to the schedule.  Most of the groups are held at 5 PM, but one a month is held at 9 AM.

Hope to see you there sometime!

Most Active
Recent Topics