Advice help or just lend an ear

ninac72
on 4/3/13 5:54 am

Hi all

I had Gastric Bypass almost 7 years ago. Since then I have gained a lot of unwanted pounds. I am 40 and find it almost impossible to loose weight. I am at the point where I get easily depressed and think there is no hope. Any advice or suggestions on where to turn next  would be greatly appreciated

kymt
on 4/16/13 8:46 am - nashville, TN

its been almost 9 yrs for me and i understand i have gone from 335 day of surgery down to 175 and now 200 . im walking more and going to get me some new hand weights. my problem is getting the protein in i still dump easy and aloft of the drinks make me sick. have you tried upping the amount of protein u take in and dont forget alof of water. a problem im also having is keeping up with my vitamins how are u doing with those???

LOVING ME ALWAYS THEKAT67
Julie G.
on 6/23/13 12:14 am - Lebanon, TN

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat with you.  I had my surgery on August 11, 2004.  Lost a lot of weight.  Got pregnant and gained it all back plus a lot more.  My highest has been 528.  I now weight 517.

I finally found someone who is helping me.  He is great and so is his staff.  I have seen Dr. Kirk Sahagian two times now.  I have lost 10 pounds this last month.  But it's a daily struggle for me.  It's very hard for me to lose the weight and I also get very easily depressed.

I think I would recommend you finding a surgeon who will see you if at all possible.  Do your lab work and make sure levels are where they are supposed to be.  Make sure you are taking your vitamins and calcium with D3.

My doctor wants me to weigh once a week on Mondays (or whatever day).  Count my carbs and get less than 35 per day.  Count my protein and make sure I am getting at least 80 grams per day.  I now take my vitamins/calcium more regular.  For a while I wasn't taking them at all.  I take a pre-natal multivitamin once in the morning and once before bed.  Then scattered through the day (3 times per day) I take my dose of calcium with D3.  Make sure you take your calcium at least two hours after your vitamins so you absorb more of what you need.

I have Amerigroup (state insurance).  My old surgeon left and I found a new one who is very caring and concerned.

I would love to talk to you more.  If you would like to talk to me you can anytime on here or just email me for a faster response.  My email is [email protected].

I wish you all the best.  Maybe we can do this together.  Looking for support too.

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics